has anyone's opinion changed

100 people?
I see @Frijj engaging with a number of posters whose ideology he doesn't share, maybe a dozen or so tops but whether not getting on with certain posters constitutes hatred or Putinesque behaviour is maybe more your projection and hyperbole?
I do recallsome time ago when I called you out on a patently untruthful post you'd made you went on to suggest that I too was most likely a Putin supporter.
It may be interesting to create a sub-sub forum on here how we collectively, as a board, support any geriatric drug addled fantasists who after having suffered brain injuries and adult acquired Aspbergers litter the board with ad hominem insults and irrelevancies.
And I mean that, you really post some provocative stuff Gelan. The region that has the footall team that you now profess to support after switching allegiances in you early seventies saw whole local communities utterly degraded by Thatcher's policies. The devastation was immense and quite rightly some of those affected have long memories.
And you believe, or so it would seem, that after a lifetime you've found a place where you belong. So my best suggestion is to spend some time understanding the culture and the social history of the place. It's somewhere special that has at times been visited by great hurt.
Love and peace xx
Back to the thread.
Like you @Gelan I too live in an area of outstanding beauty and like you my partner hasn't enjoyed the easiest of lives due in this case to the cruellest levels of arthritis. So we were really careful when Covid first stalked because of compromised immune levels. As posted elsewhere I succumbed a month ago and it's really knocked me for six and continues to impinge.
There's others who have posted similar. So as a resource until we've all managed herd immunity or whatever I'm in favour of keeping the thread.
And with your history and predilictions for the Bong and other chemical stimulants how best can the board support you?
Will read when my life becomes completely empty ok :D

on covid in the last few months as in there were those who were obsessed with locking down face masks etc. etc. and blindly following rules

I'd say it was the other way 'round in that there were some of us who followed the guidelines because we thought it was the right thing to do, nothing to do with the rules, but everything to do with helping people given we had around 1,000 people dying on a daily basis at one point. Then there are those who blindly live their lives in the world of Netflix, pizza and instant entertainment; to the point they have no grasp of being a community and helping people in that community. They have no clue what a white line is, why it is there and what they should do as a result. This country is full of numb robots churned out through the education system to sit at home, watch shite television, go to 'gigs' and proclaim they're plumbing the depths of human experience: basically they're fed a load of shite in the consumer world and they lap it up. The thought of doing something to help a stranger rather than because they're told to do it, is completely alien to them.

I posted this weeks ago, and you responeded with something like a long post makes me feel dizzy or sick.
It was if I recall an attempt to reach out to you in part.
Trying to cut through the lies and contradictions you had posted and challenging myself about my own issues about autism.
I'll leave it there
Lies and contridctions...is that reality or perception?

I'm not interested mate...if you wan't banter, help, advice or to know why I'm bat shit cray. just ask, I don't embrace lectures.

Would have prefered we done a Sweden...they've come out of it very well. Us oldies face flu every winter, but we're rather good at living for today.

Sweden is a totally different society. One of the highest rates of single occupancy homes in the world.

Not a trivial thing when talking about infectious disease.

on covid in the last few months as in there were those who were obsessed with locking down face masks etc. etc. and blindly following rules and the ones on the total other side of the spectrum the Conspiracy theorists etc. plus those in the middle

i have just checked the entry requirements for my holiday booking there and you don't even need to have been vaccinated anymore
For me, absolutely not. I dodged it for over 2 years, getting it in early May. Having had it and being floored with it for 12 days, I definitely don't want it again - I'm grateful to have had 3 vaccinations because if I hadn't it would have been much worse.

Tip of the iceberg?

And, in an 18 month period, 25% of people who lost their lives in hospital were registered diabetics. I'm guessing that's around 25,000 people.

Some people live in a world of: "lockdown or nothing", but it didn't have to be either. All it needed was people taking a bit more care and we could have got away without a lockdown and without anywhere near as many people losing their lives. Instead, we had large chunks of the people looking at the white lines and wearing the masks, back in March 2020, thinking: "this is different" and enjoying it, and then they got bored of the novelty after about three weeks and thought fuck that. Chris Whitty stood up in July 2020 and told everyone if they didn't take care we'd have a problem, and all the numb robots didn't listen and we ended up back in a lockdown because they couldn't be bothered. If people had taken more care we would certainly have had fewer people dying at home and in hospitals whether or not they were diabetics.

And, in an 18 month period, 25% of people who lost their lives in hospital were registered diabetics. I'm guessing that's around 25,000 people.

Some people live in a world of: "lockdown or nothing", but it didn't have to be either. All it needed was people taking a bit more care and we could have got away without a lockdown and without anywhere near as many people losing their lives. Instead, we had large chunks of the people looking at the white lines and wearing the masks, back in March 2020, thinking: "this is different" and enjoying it, and then they got bored of the novelty after about three weeks and thought fuck that. Chris Whitty stood up in July 2020 and told everyone if they didn't take care we'd have a problem, and all the numb robots didn't listen and we ended up back in a lockdown because they couldn't be bothered. If people had taken more care we would certainly have had fewer people dying at home and in hospitals whether or not they were diabetics.

You were calling for social distancing in all setting forever tbf and then when questioned how that would effect the leisure, entertainment and restaurant industries didn't bother even replying once. Basically social distancing didn't effect your life one iota so obviously it didn't effect anyone's else life either. Anyone enjoying a pint in a pub, meal in a restaurant, sporting event in a stadium, gig in a arena etc etc was a murderer in your eyes. Your a absolute coward who wasn't interested in any type of reasonable debate

Last edited:
You were calling for social distancing in all setting forever tbf and then when questioned how that would effect the leisure, entertainment and restaurant industries didn't bother even replying once. Basically social distancing didn't effect your life one iota so obviously it didn't effect anyone's else life either. Anyone enjoying a pint in a pub, meal in a restaurant, sporting event in a stadium, gig in a arena etc etc was a murderer in your eyes. Your a absolute coward who wasn't interested in any type of reasonable debate

I told you back then and it still stands, you didn't get a reply from me because you didn't make any decent points. Look at your first line about 'social distancing forever', in effect by your own admission you know the words but put a few together and you're scratching your head.

You're on about leisure industries again. You're not a business owner although you appeal to the plight of business owners. People like you had a hand in causing the problems for business owners. You didn't need to worry about them, although you needed to do was take more care and as a result you would have helped to prevent a lockdown and business owners going out of business.

I have all the sympathy in the world for business owners who lost a life times of hard work because of people like you slavering on about business owners while waltzing around spreading the virus and causing the lockdown that put business owners out of business.

You're not interested in business owners, Rob, it's clear from your posts. All you were interested in was doing what you wanted to do and fuck everyone else, including business owners, and then you came posting on here post: "what about the business owners?", without any sense of sanity that if you took more care, there'd be less of the virus around, we wouldn't be in a lockdown, business owners would continue to make a living.

I told you back then and it still stands, you didn't get a reply from me because you didn't make any decent points. Look at your first line about 'social distancing forever', in effect by your own admission you know the words but put a few together and you're scratching your head.

You're on about leisure industries again. You're not a business owner although you appeal to the plight of business owners. People like you had a hand in causing the problems for business owners. You didn't need to worry about them, although you needed to do was take more care and as a result you would have helped to prevent a lockdown and business owners going out of business.

I have all the sympathy in the world for business owners who lost a life times of hard work because of people like you slavering on about business owners while waltzing around spreading the virus and causing the lockdown that put business owners out of business.

You're not interested in business owners, Rob, it's clear from your posts. All you were interested in was doing what you wanted to do and fuck everyone else, including business owners, and then you came posting on here post: "what about the business owners?", without any sense of sanity that if you took more care, there'd be less of the virus around, we wouldn't be in a lockdown, business owners would continue to make a living.

How the fuck was in waltzing round spreading the virus?

Back