Has anyone started a new job straight away.

safcrob

Winger
After you have answered yes to the are you available immediately bit when applying, has an employer actually rang you up minutes later asking you to get there as quick as possible and just start work straight away?

Its not likely is it so why have that question on an application.

I asked for a job in a pub one day, manager called me the next day and had a trial shift that night, got the job.

Not in any other sort of job, HR processes tend to be a bit slower.

After you have answered yes to the are you available immediately bit when applying, has an employer actually rang you up minutes later asking you to get there as quick as possible and just start work straight away?

Sort of. I got a call on Sunday evening, attended an interview on Monday, started on Tuesday. I didn't want to, I am in the middle of a landscape gardening project but the way things are heading I think it's best not to refuse work.

I’ve set 5 lads on today after putting exactly that on the advert If that helps?

And you and amazed by the people who say “yes” then want to start in 2 weeks time

I interviewed someone at my old workplace and asked him if he could start in 15 minutes. To be honest it didn't seem that unusual at that company. We wanted him, he was already there, the campaign was starting that day, so why make him wait? He might as well start earning immediately.

A few jobs I have had quick turn arounds
couple that comes to mind
Got finished at a shit show of a company on the Monday, shot out a load of C.V's got a phone call on tuesday can you attend a work trial tomorrow, got that job
Another one, Interviewed for it on the Thursday, got a phone call offering me the job as I was leaving the street they were on, started on the Tuesday
Current role had my Interview and had a job offer within 4hours

Is he a Big Duke Six alter or something?

When I first got a job in Switzerland I officially started work two hours before my interview.

After my interview they said they wanted me to start straight away but that it was too late that day, so I pointed out that I'd actually turned up the afternoon before but they'd already pissed off home by that time. So they apologised for not being there the day before and put me down as starting that day at the same time as they had. It was only later on the bus back to my mate's house that I realised that it was April the first ....

Almost. I had an interview Friday afternoon and started on Monday, probably would have started the next day if it wasn't the weekend

I’m a teacher - teachers usually start new jobs months after interview. I was interviewed at 4.00pm on the Monday and started at 8.30am the following morning

Had an interview at a supermarket, was offered the job there and then and started the following day.

Also heard a lass at the deli near my work offer a trial shift the following day, hadn't met her before.

Back