Has anyone on here just upped and walked out of their job?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Jelly Belly, Oct 10, 2018.

1. No, never. Not my style to let people (colleagues and other stakeholders) down. I wasn't enjoying my last overseas job and really wanted to come come but agreed to stay on longer than needed to help out with problems the company had.

2. xmfd

xmfd Winger

Walked out of an interview for a call centre.

Walked out of a bar job when I was about 19

3. safcforever

safcforever Striker

I’ve always served at least a months notice.
    Except when I worked for walkers in peterlee. I finished my shift and said I wouldn’t be back.

4. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

You left a job because you weren't allowed to go to a football match?

5. mini-x2

mini-x2 Striker

Yes, five years ago. Was sick of the job I’d done for twenty years, sick of the place, sick of the wankers who worked there, sick of travelling plus the place never even had a fucking window! Best decision I ever made.

6. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Winger

An old boss said something that I considered entirely inappropriate so I left the job almost immediately.

iirc the exact wording he used was ‘you’re sacked’

Bishop Boy likes this.
  7. Jelly Belly

Jelly Belly Midfield

Could definitely be something to look into. My lass is on a four day week these days after dropping hours post maternity. Hopefully this interview later on today will go ok, fresh start and all that

Kevsgreat likes this.
  8. burb

burb Midfield

Yeah, my first and only day as an adult movie director!

I told them where to shove it.

Scimmy, Chugger, Wilfy and 2 others like this.
  9. Grammar Police

Grammar Police Midfield

Yes.

I hated being there and was going to be gone one day shortly anyway.

You have a problem with that?

People don't walk out on good jobs.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  10. Fusco

Fusco Midfield

:lol::lol::lol:The NE32 postcode suggests not

benizz likes this.
  11. Willincity

Willincity Central Defender

Just out of curiosity, are you in employment currently?

12. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Odd thing to quit over

13. Grammar Police

Grammar Police Midfield

Did you not read my post?

Since then I have been a director of my own company for 14 years.

I haven't looked back.

14. safcrhys

safcrhys Winger

I almost did, when I first started at Land Rover I was put on the engine harness which is a shitty job in itself, basically trying to wrestle an anaconda of wires into the engine bay. What made it worse was that it was a 2 man job and the bloke I was working with was a fat lazy waster.

We struggled to keep up with the track and were getting a lot of heat off the team leader and production leader who blamed me as well.

All came to a head one Monday night shift when I thought I can’t fucking do this anymore. Rang my mrs and basically said I’d had enough and was going to walk out, she persuaded me not to.

Only reason I stayed was because the money was ridiculous but I was fairly miserable for a number of months.

Stevie Freestein II likes this.
  15. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Very tempting, but I'd need something to go to. I can't just leave

16. molthemackem

molthemackem Striker

It would have to be a rock solid franchise for me to invest in.....On your original question, yes a few times, with a mortgage and a kid at uni but it depends what your occupation is. Fortunately for me , I was in a profession that had lots of opportunities no matter what time,day or year it was. I'm retired now ( decided not going to work on after 55) but still get asked to go and fill in for contracts all over the globe. The only work if you can call it work and one I do free gratis, is to keep an eye on and in contact with people working in various companies all over the world from my garden shed. Keeps me in contact with friends and new acquaintances who's jobs I know very well. Go for it, but don't look back afterward.

17. Good post.
    I’m I big believer in working to live , not living to work.
    Life is far too short mate.

Dmac1969 likes this.
  18. spoony

spoony Striker

Did it years ago from Barclays call centre at Doxy. I was really ill with a chest infection on boxing day. We were warned not to be off. I walked in sat down, was sick at my desk and then walked out. Got a call from the boss half an hour later saying they dont do colds at Barclays.

Did it a couple of years ago whilst teaching. Decided the stress of working 7-7 at school and then until 11 at home each night was too much. Was also pretty much working every weekend. Not seeing my own kids and feeling out of control of anything was too much. Final straw was when the head of department found me photocopying some worksheets and told me off in front of other staff members for wasting department resources. I'd spent 10p ffs and it was a one off. Decided that wasn't the environment for me and off I went. Had a 4 year old, pregnant wife and mortgage at the time. It was a risk but its paid off.

19. Spennymackem1981

Spennymackem1981 Midfield

ive walked out of a few jobs on my break and never came back

Mainly factory work when i was a young in Metro Mail was the grimmest loads of Whoppers getting stoned at work....Pride Valley Foods in seaham was also proper fucking grim

20. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Central Defender

:lol:

I did the training for outbound sales there while I waited for my uni course to start. Just didn't turn up the day we were due to go on the phones.

Nice little earner.

Fusco likes this.