Has anyone ever kicked a ball out of the SOL?

Remember someone hit the rim of the roof in our championship season and commented saying that’s the closest anyone’s came to doing it. Can’t think of anyone who has. Would be impressive if they managed in game, couldnt see what scenario it would take to happen. Sure the pros could do it fairly easily if they wanted to - at least the smaller stands

I sit in the 30s and can’t remember the ball even coming up to my level.

Would think it would take a mighty effort to get the ball out of the Sol ,I tried to recall if a ball ever got out of Roker ,I recall a ball getting stuck on the Fulwell end roof once

I'm sure nosworthy booted one high enough, then decided to be the only person to attempt to head it when it came down

A decent physicist should be able to work out what would be needed by the application of applied mechanics, given the height of the stands, the distance needed to clear the roof, and the weight of the ball. I suspect that it's not possible to apply enough force, even for a professional footballer; they could probably get the height, or the distance, but not both.

I'm sure nosworthy booted one high enough, then decided to be the only person to attempt to head it when it came down
He had an impressive knack of booting the ball completely vertical on the edge of his own box and getting his head on it calm as you like.

I remember Phil Babb going on a mazy run (yes you read that right) and having a shot that threatened where the away fans sit now, that's as close as I can remember.

Back