Hartside cafe fire

Like most tourist places, make enough over summer to cover the winter costs.
Always had a steady stream of customers during the week, obviously more at weekends. Didn’t have too much in the way of competition between Stanhope and Penrith.

Could see into Scotland on a clear day, the north coast of the Solway Firth,
suppose you still can, though without the burgers.
Maybe they can fix a picnic spot until such time as it’s rebuilt.
Shouldn’t take long if they use prefab construction, though that might depend on the planners and elf and safety.
Just joking about Mc D ( I hope ) , I’m sure they’ll have it up and running again before the summer and you’re correct it’s a wonderful view point.

bugger that was going to be my first major re-fuel stop on the C2C race in august !!
I’m sure the car park will still be open. I’d have thought in a race you’d just be fuelling as you went though? Don’t exactly see Froome pulling over for a slice of Mars Bar cake at le Hartside Café.

I’m sure the car park will still be open. I’d have thought in a race you’d just be fuelling as you went though? Don’t exactly see Froome pulling over for a slice of Mars Bar cake at le Hartside Café.

firstly I'm not doing it on a bike. I will fuel as I go but that was going to be the first main indoor stop with clothing change and warm food etc. sure the carprk will have to do.

Was just thinking about this and read the site was put up for sale about a month ago still in ruins. Surely the owners had insurance to rebuild?

Back