Hartside cafe fire

pfoz88

Midfield
Apparently it’s destroyed. Loved by bikers, cyclists and the best place to stop for a brew on the way to the lakes.

Damn, I was going to get a new bike this Spring, favourite place for me this and Minchi`s down street, what was the name of that other cafe just outside York?

I’m usually over the lakes via Alston/hartside bout once a month, sometimes more, always call in for brew or sarnie/cake. Often take the motorbike up after work too for a blast out in the lighter nights, road up is epic, both sides, shuts at five like, so Alston chippy gets my hard earned.

I remember when we did the c2c in a day and because of the bad weather were really struggling. Limped into Hartside cafe for Jacket taities with beans followed by cake. The long roll to Alston to let it go down and it perked us right up :cool:

I remember when we did the c2c in a day and because of the bad weather were really struggling. Limped into Hartside cafe for Jacket taities with beans followed by cake. The long roll to Alston to let it go down and it perked us right up :cool:

Cakes were marvelous....first year we did it in the day was sleet and constant rain, lovely to warm up( and change clothes) there

I’m usually over the lakes via Alston/hartside bout once a month, sometimes more, always call in for brew or sarnie/cake. Often take the motorbike up after work too for a blast out in the lighter nights, road up is epic, both sides, shuts at five like, so Alston chippy gets my hard earned.

When I first passed my test I went up there on an R6 with a group of lads. Some of the corners are so deceptive :lol:

Fast forward a couple of years, and the lead up to the cafe is one of the best

When I first passed my test I went up there on an R6 with a group of lads. Some of the corners are so deceptive :lol:

Fast forward a couple of years, and the lead up to the cafe is one of the best
A lot of the Alston side has been recovered and was a lot quicker late last year. Be full of holes again now like. 2 corners where I’ve seen a few accidents are the one right outside the cafe, heading towards Alston, tightens a lot half way round and bikers are always looking at bikes in the cafe car park and get caught out, run wide or end up on the bank on the other side.

Other dodgy one is the hairpin first corner after the cafe on the Penrith side. A lot of bikes make a noisy exit from the car park, blaze off down to the hairpin without any heat in the tyres and brakes and end up in the scenery. Seen a few do that on a Sunday .

Last edited:
A lot of the Alston side has been recovered and was a lot quicker late last year. Be full of holes again now like. 2 corners where I’ve seen a few accidents are the one right outside the cafe, heading towards Alston, tightens a lot half way round and bikers are always looking at bikes in the cafe car park and get caught out, run wide or end up on the bank on the other side.

Other dodgy one is the hairpin first corner after the cafe on the Penrith side. A lot of bikes make a noisy exit from the car park, blaze off down to the hairpin without any heat in the tyres and brakes and end up in the scenery. Seen a few do that on a Sunday .

The one right outside the cafe is where I nearly stacked it, and it’s the one corner I take note of when other riders are coming in to see who’s next :lol:

Back