Hartlepool United: cashing in on Remembrance Day

Chance of them becoming “collectible”, probs won’t sell that many, made to order. Think it’s code for you can profit off it in a few year.
They could’ve at least used an image of a real plane not a fecking airfix model.

No mention of any proceeds going to charity on either that link or on the website

Seems like a very brutal cash grab
The shirts don’t appear to use the poppy symbol which I believe is ‘owned’ by the British Legion, or, my understanding is that you at least have to request usage of it from them with the expectation that you donate cash back to them. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here.

So I presume this isn’t for charity.

The shirts don’t appear to use the poppy symbol which I believe is ‘owned’ by the British Legion, or, my understanding is that you at least have to request usage of it from them with the expectation that you donate cash back to them. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here.

Good spot.

think that’s pretty much confirmed it for me - shameless play on the right wing rhetoric that plagues the NE

Same opinion I have every year when the uneducated go on about this. The club donate money to the British legion every year and then auction off the players shirts on eBay with money going to the British legion. The club also provide reduced tickets for armed services and ex seemed services which is something not all clubs do. The British legion have never once aired concerns over this and it continues to be a popular initiative. Well done again to Pools. It was agreed to change theme this year to commemorate the battle of Britain. Pools have used the poppy in recent years and again that has caused no issues with the British legion.

Last edited:

Tbf Hartlepool probably need it more than the rbl do

Ignoring the fact that the shirts are absolutely f***ing hideous, I’m not sure our grandfathers died so tinpot football clubs could sell commemorative shirts.

This is very not good

Luftwaffe fan here, but that looks class.

I wear a poppy, but the whole thing has been hijacked for years now by dick swinging political statements attached to it. Wear a poppy or don't, I don't give a fuck.

Also, there's a good twitter handle called poppywatch that points out the insanity around it all:

Particularly enjoy this lump of gammon dressed up as a f***ing Poinsettia:

Logon or register to see this image
just put the BBC 2 politics show on now there is a bloke on with a poppy on that's as big as the one you have posted.
why do folk feel the need to wear such ridiculous ones?
by the way I always wear a
Poppy.

Rememberance day. Yet another event hijacked by the left and right to point fingers and whine on. It’s incessant all year round and tiring.

As for the shirt. I don’t like charity shirts and prefer clubs to just wear the same kit all year - apart from our minging home shirt a few years ago which should have been binned after week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back