Harry Pearson’s The Far Corner

Bought a copy of this a few years ago and forgot all about it.

Just started reading it but already it’s canny funny.

Sunderland skinheed

And our fans on the train who split words with swear words....railway f***ing station:)

I had a female friend in York who went on to buy my house in the pub, who was an expert at that, " you want to see our Gaz's motorfuckinbike" was a particular favourite.

There's plenty of time delay experts knocking around these days.

"This looks dangerous" the moment after the ball hit the back of the net was something I heard during this season.

Its superb. Love the quote he makes about Middlesbrough, where (in his programme notes) the chairman calls on fans to "be patient".

Something vaguely like "the fans have waited that long for success already, if Ghandi had been a season ticket holder hed probably have had the urge to nut someone"

Sunderland skinheed

And our fans on the train who split words with swear words....railway f***ing station:)

I had a female friend in York who went on to buy my house in the pub, who was an expert at that, " you want to see our Gaz's motorfuckinbike" was a particular favourite.
There's plenty of time delay experts knocking around these days.

"This looks dangerous" the moment after the ball hit the back of the net was something I heard during this season.

I’m lost here lads. I was on about a football book.

Written at the time Keegan was changing the dynamics of North East football and there are references to that-the local shopkeeper who loses all sense of reason at the very mention of his name. But the point isnt laboured throughout the book and overall its an affectinate lament on a game which is taken far too seriously up here. And I dont mean that in a bad way.

If we're talking about football books I read one where the bloke wrote letters to the FA and football clubs. Think he was a reformed hooligan. Cant remember title but think it was Bootsy Eagan or something, good toilet read. He mentioned us putting the seats in the wrong way, they were facing the pitch. Hilariouscunt.

Back