Harry Maguire to Man Utd

These sort of stupid fees are slowly killing football, as bloated transfer fees trickles down the leagues clubs are forced to pay over the odds for average players..

Agree, think he is superb
Alongside a good CB also or the right partner they could instantly sort their defence out this summer. RB CB sorted it looks, maybe Linderloff or in Bailly actually gets his form back it's a good back four (Shaw also at LB). Just makes that difference.

Regarding Maguire I think he's quality, big strong, decent pace for a big fella and likes to bring the ball out of defence which is modern day... Good in attacking box also which is an advantage

Alongside a good CB also or the right partner they could instantly sort their defence out this summer. RB CB sorted it looks, maybe Linderloff or in Bailly actually gets his form back it's a good back four (Shaw also at LB). Just makes that difference.

Regarding Maguire I think he's quality, big strong, decent pace for a big fella and likes to bring the ball out of defence which is modern day... Good in attacking box also which is an advantage
Think Lindelof will have a decent season given a run.
A lot of centre backs struggle in their first season over here, particularly young ones.
Fergie always reckoned that you needed an experienced keeper and centre backs and you can blood younger players around them. I don't disagree.
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw will hold their own in the premier league if De Gea gets his head straight behind them. United's biggest problem will be shifting the rest of the dross, Smalling & Jones have both been given new contracts in the last 12 months and along with Rojo I can't see anybody taking them.

If Leicester bring in a decent replacement, I fancy them to have a good season
Linked with Lewis Dunk for £45m

I was hoping Leicester could keep their key players as I think they’re best placed to upset the top six.

Hopefully they spend the windfall wisely, although I think Rodgers tends to waste money.
Why you think that ? They finished 9th last season and the clubs that finished 7th and 8th will strengthen too

It’s Congerton they’ve got to worry about wasting their moves

Last edited:
Great deal for Leicester

Won the premier league, recruiting some canny players, sold some on for good coin.

And now a solid top 10 ten side who are good to watch.

We can only dream.

Madness that he will end up going for more than de Ligt.

There’s plenty of upcoming young centre halves in Europe that Leicester will be able to replace him with.

English quota instantly adds a premium and teams are happy to pay it. You’ve got to meet the quota so might as well have players that will play regularly or at least feature otherwise your wasting a space in your declared squad. It’s why stones and sterling all went for big fees at the time.

Good player but the fees are getting ridiculous.

All proportional

Last edited:

Back