Harry Kane

He'll have scored most of those against teams who would struggle to get in the top flight in England.

I reckon a team who are around the top four and make the odd final is about his level. Tottenham and him are a good match.

He needs to do it in the big games against the better teams before he can be considered anything other than what I have posted above. I for one don't think he's capable of that. He's nowhere near the same league as an Alan Shearer or Michael Owen.
And all of Shearer's goals were against top level opposition I suppose?
Why do England supporters constantly deride our players??
Judge him when he has finished playing,

Incorrect. Kane has scored 130 premier League goals by the age of 26, 0wen only scored 150 total so he'll surpass him. England wise Shearer bagged 30 total, Owen 40, Kane is on 27 so will comfortably beat them both
On a side note of this I checked what they had at the same age of just turning 26 which Kane did after the end of last season.

Harry Kane had 125 goals in 181 PL appearances (just over 2 in 3) over 6 seasons. I'm not including his 4 min app for his debut in 2012-13 so he's got a 20 a season average.

Shearer had 135 in 256 (just over 1 in 2) but over 9 seasons up until leaving Blackburn. I've included his 5 seasons in the old 1st Division with Southampton, 23 goals in 118 apps so he's got 15 a season average.

So Kane is behind Shearer at the moment as he'd played 3 less seasons. Shearer then played another 10 seasons at the Mags scoring another 148 goals in 303 apps, so just under 1 in 2 and keeping his 15 a season average.

Kane has a far better strike rate per appearance with his 2 in 3 and around his 20 a season rate. So it would take around 6 to 7 seasons for him to hit 260 and even longer to beat the true record (in recent memory) of 283 top flight goals.

Even though he's a class goal scorer, I don't think he'll beat the 260 PL goals record as he won't be in the PL until he's 33.

On a side note of this I checked what they had at the same age of just turning 26 which Kane did after the end of last season.

Harry Kane had 125 goals in 181 PL appearances (just over 2 in 3) over 6 seasons. I'm not including his 4 min app for his debut in 2012-13 so he's got a 20 a season average.

Shearer had 135 in 256 (just over 1 in 2) but over 9 seasons up until leaving Blackburn. I've included his 5 seasons in the old 1st Division with Southampton, 23 goals in 118 apps so he's got 15 a season average.

So Kane is behind Shearer at the moment as he'd played 3 less seasons. Shearer then played another 10 seasons at the Mags scoring another 148 goals in 303 apps, so just under 1 in 2 and keeping his 15 a season average.

Kane has a far better strike rate per appearance with his 2 in 3 and around his 20 a season rate. So it would take around 6 to 7 seasons for him to hit 260 and even longer to beat the true record (in recent memory) of 283 top flight goals.

Even though he's a class goal scorer, I don't think he'll beat the 260 PL goals record as he won't be in the PL until he's 33.

I think he'll beat Shearer's PL record. I think Spurs are better equipped to be consistently good for the rest of Kane's career, but also that if he was to leave for another PL club then it'll be another top side.
He'll probably be on about 150 by the end of this season.
Would leave him needing 110 goals from the age of 27 onwards. Only a big injury or blind loyalty to a failing spurs team would prevent him imo.

I think he'll beat Shearer's PL record. I think Spurs are better equipped to be consistently good for the rest of Kane's career, but also that if he was to leave for another PL club then it'll be another top side.
He'll probably be on about 150 by the end of this season.
Would leave him needing 110 goals from the age of 27 onwards. Only a big injury or blind loyalty to a failing spurs team would prevent him imo.
It depends if he wants to play into his early 30's as Shearer wrapped in just before he tunred 36. Given the money top players get now then is it worth it physically and mentally given all the shite that comes with playing these days like main media and social media scrutiny?

Given his attitude to football, I think he would play til his body says no more. However given the shite you see now in the media and social media I don't think it would allow him to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back