Harrow schoolboy died from single punch after telling club promoter "You'll work for me one day"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can see why some would actually physically retaliate. They're wrong though. Violence should only be used if your wellbeing is under threat.

Last time I entered into a discussion like this, a poster who seems reasonably sensible was suggesting hoying bats for next to nowt.
Ah, I agree chief. I wouldn't get involved myself - I'm very much a peacekeeper.:lol:

Just saying that if you go around giving it the Big I Am, someone will eventually have a pop.

I noticed that that article omits the part, where medics treated him, but allegedly were denied taking him to hospital.

"you'll work for me one day" reaches about 0 on the insult scale. Doesn't deserve a clip for that, never mind a punch bringing about death. Assailant just being a nob in front of some girls. Machismo has a lot to answer for (and women love to cause bother by playing on it).

You don't deserve to die over words marra. Words are just that.
I agree but you can't make everyone react the way you think is appropriate so don't make your mouth go because to some extent you are responsible for your own safety . Don't expect others to underwrite your indiscretions .
Not a lesson I had learned by 18 to be fair and I got a few clips that fortunately didn't kill me , mostly well deserved .

"you'll work for me one day" reaches about 0 on the insult scale. Doesn't deserve a clip for that, never mind a punch bringing about death. Assailant just being a nob in front of some girls. Machismo has a lot to answer for (and women love to cause bother by playing on it).
The machismo was probably fueling both sides .

I agree but you can't make everyone react the way you think is appropriate so don't make your mouth go because to some extent you are responsible for your own safety . Don't expect others to underwrite your indiscretions .
Not a lesson I had learned by 18 to be fair and I got a few clips that fortunately didn't kill me , mostly well deserved .

The machismo was probably fueling both sides .

Absolutely spot on, pretty much my opinion on it, you just worded it a lot better!

To most I think it would come across as being at least a tad condescending.

Feel sorry for both in the sense that one is dead and another is a killer from One daft episode .I can't fight to save my life but to many it's part of life .Boxing's as popular as ever and now we have cage fighting etc

Is a valid point, although reading between the lines, it appears that the puncher had female company he needed to impress.
When women are around young men tend to play the alpha male to attract them or run off the other male . Ones perception of alpha male was domination economically ( ability to provide resource ) , the others was domination physically ( the ability to defend and protect ). Two primitive instincts in a 21St century clash of cultures and backgrounds . :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...moter-youll-work-for-me-one-day-a6991941.html

Obviously, it's an unlawful killing and that can't be justified,

but do you feel sorry for him?
He deserved a slap, to be quite honest, but he didn't deserve to die. However, I think I actually feel more sorry for the fella who punched him having to live with it on his conscience and the family of the lad.

However, at the end of the day, these are the same kind of jumped up little shits who will be the first to talk up their misguided, privileged ideas of 'meritocracy' and 'survival of the fittest.' On this occasion it's clearly shown that as far the law of the jungle goes, you are not some f***ing big time alpha male just because you happen to have a privileged upbringing and be sent to a 'top' school to form connections. Physical strength and violence can always trump some perceived notion of self that you are 'strong' and 'untouchable' because of your wealth, upbringing and education. The 'real World' is a great equaliser. Sadly for him he learned that the hard way.

He deserved a slap, to be quite honest, but he didn't deserve to die. However, I think I actually feel more sorry for the fella who punched him having to live with it on his conscience and the family of the lad.

However, at the end of the day, these are the same kind of jumped up little shits who will be the first to talk up their misguided, privileged ideas of 'meritocracy' and 'survival of the fittest.' On this occasion it's clearly shown that as far the law of the jungle goes, you are not some f***ing big time alpha male just because you happen to have a privileged upbringing and be sent to a 'top' school to form connections. Physical strength and violence can always trump some perceived notion of self that you are 'strong' and 'untouchable' because of your wealth, upbringing and education. The 'real World' is a great equaliser. Sadly for him he learned that the hard way.

How can you feel sorry for the bloke who punched him?

If you're not willing to accept that you may cause serious injury or death, don't throw a punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back