Harrogate

I’m off to Harrogate today for the first time, staying over. Is it a bit shit and full of old people? Any recommendations for things to do / drink?

I’m off to Harrogate today for the first time, staying over. Is it a bit shit and full of old people? Any recommendations for things to do / drink?
Gino D’Campos (or however you spell it) restaurant is excellent! Would highly recommend it and reasonably priced too

There is a pub called the Muckles which for the name alone means it's highy likely to be f***ing exceptional.

It is actually a really good pub.

Get in Hales bar tonight late on, cracking pub, great atmosphere.

The Spoons there is very good and a cracking building decor wise - was a couple enjoying a bottle of Moet when I was there a month or so ago . Dont see that in the Five Quarter in Peterlee :) Also Lucia's bar/restaurant is canny

Edit : Are you doing the Livingsocial offer . We stayed in the Majestic for 1 night with dinner ( plus glass of wine) brekkie and use of the spaa facilities for something like £99 for 2 . Upgraded to deluxe room for a £10 and was very pleased with the whole lot. Looking at a similar off for 2 nights in March for about£200

Last edited:
Gino D’Campos (or however you spell it) restaurant is excellent! Would highly recommend it and reasonably priced too
Agreed, especially the terrace in the summer.

The spoons over the road is a good building. The Turkish baths are mint if you like that kind of thing.

Go down for our lasses birthday every year, lovely chill out place with some cracking bars and restaraunts. Stayed in the Old Swan last time, canny like.
As said previously Harrogate Tap for some quality ales, Wetherspoons is huge and decent and The Pitstop gets canny later on

I would recommend a pub called major toms social. It's above a retro shop near spoons. Loads of real ale on tap and good atmosphere. It's like a 60s/70s retro bar

If your out on the lash Lucia is a decent place to start (decent place for cockatils if your with the lass).. The Pit gets rammed and Viper Rooms at the end of the night if your on a mad one.

Good night out

Back