Harnesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperKev

Striker
I've just bought a bike so I can get out and about a bit more with the camera but sods law am finding having the camera in my rucksack a bit of a pain in the arse and thought that a harness that held the camera to my chest with an elastic do dad would be handy.

Do these exist? and if so does anyone have any advice/recommendations.

If not can someone either make me one :lol: or give some altyernatives.

Cheers in advance oh wise ones

Wear your camera round your neck and then wear a belt to hold it to your body?
Get a basket?
Get a pannier?
Drive?

I need a new camera strap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lowepro slingshot, that's like a backpack, that would be ideal.
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&expIds=17259,25900,26446,26459,26518,26567&xhr=t&q=lowepro+slingshot&cp=8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=7432272124147669556&ei=6X6KTO3CK4O6OLv83ZgL&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCwQ8wIwAQ#
Idea of them is they can sort of swing round in front of you should you need access quickly, have a look in the shops and try one out.

That's the job - cheers marra

You don't want to flog yours :lol:

Keep your eyes on the prices at Amazon as they change regularly. I have the 200AW (I believe the 202 in the link replaces it) and its a cracking bag. Most of the time they seem to be around £60, but I paid under £30.

The slingshots are great to use as you swing them round to get your camera/lenses etc as usual with Lowepro, there are loads of pockets for accessories.

Last edited:
Keep your eyes on the prices at Amazon as they change regularly. I have the 200AW (I believe the 202 in the link replaces it) and its a cracking bag. Most of the time they seem to be around £60, but I paid under £30.

The slingshots are great to use as you swing them round to get your camera/lenses etc as usual with Lowepro, there are loads of pockets for accessories.

Just checking out the 102 (£45) and the 202 (£68) now - think i'll put them in the shopping bag and I should get notified if the price changes.

I would recommend the 102 (mine is the older version the 100) over the 202 to be honest, especially as you're gonna be biking around. I found the 202 to be a little large for every day carrying around usage.

My 100 has plenty of space for the following: 1 x SLR body with attached lens (5dmk2 + 24-105mm), 2 x prime lenses, 1 x flash, 1 x spare battery, then several filters, lens cleaners, remote trigger etc

I would recommend the 102 (mine is the older version the 100) over the 202 to be honest, especially as you're gonna be biking around. I found the 202 to be a little large for every day carrying around usage.

My 100 has plenty of space for the following: 1 x SLR body with attached lens (5dmk2 + 24-105mm), 2 x prime lenses, 1 x flash, 1 x spare battery, then several filters, lens cleaners, remote trigger etc

cheers mate - sods law the price has gone up to 51 quid - i'll keep looking to see if it drops again and then get it.

spot on Boss, put the 102, 202 and 302 into the amazon basket and have kept an eye out on them for the last month.

The 102 went down to 39 quid last week and today the 202AW did as well, so I've nipped in for that.

Wanted the bigger version so I can fit some sarnies etc in the top compartment.:-D

The 102 went down to 39 quid last week and today the 202AW did as well, so I've nipped in for that.

Wanted the bigger version so I can fit some sarnies etc in the top compartment.:-D

Glad you got one - although hully2000's advice was good, its quite large for cycling with.

Now all you have to do is work out how to get it on and off ;) Its easy now I am used to it, but the single strap didn't half confuse me when I first got it :oops:

Glad you got one - although hully2000's advice was good, its quite large for cycling with.

Now all you have to do is work out how to get it on and off ;) Its easy now I am used to it, but the single strap didn't half confuse me when I first got it :oops:

I've done some dry runs in the house and have nearly decapitated meself :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back