Hardest game or game serious you have found

I'd have been chuffed if I got it. :lol:

It was just irritating knowing you had no chance within the first 10 seconds based on balloon placement on that first stretch.

I gave up on maxing out the speed grid too as it farming for luck orbs was an absolute fuck on.

:lol:

I watched some stuff on YouTube a few hours in and it basically said if the placement is off at the start, just fuck it and try again.

Them bastard seagulls.

:lol:

I watched some stuff on YouTube a few hours in and it basically said if the placement is off at the start, just fuck it and try again.

Them bastard seagulls.
I probably watched the same videos and decided "just fuck it and don't bother"

I'm replaying FF13 at the moment. It isn't nearly as horrible as I remember, probably because I'm skipping a lot of the cut scenes.

Some of the Tomb Raider games were ridiculous and needed walkthrough's on a number of puzzles they had in them

Good shout. Especially as I didn't have access to the Internet in the 90s for walk throughs

Did eventually complete all of them with all secrets but it took an age. Did them again a few years back and its much easier when you know where you're going

I always struggled with Monkey Island on the Amiga 1200 as a kid.

I always remember that my parents played on it when I was in bed one night and actually made it to Monkey Island but they didn't wake me up. Come to think of it I don't think I've forgiven them yet and I'm 30

I clocked that as a kid. It came with my Amiga along with lemmings, captain planet, and I think another game or two.

My mam would never buy games for "that contraption" so I played on it a lot

That was the cartoon classics box set, probably an A500+ with a whopping 1MB of RAM. You'll have also had deluxe paint!

First time I played Fallout 3 I ended up with 2 broken legs and drinking irradiated toilet water in order to survive, Didn't have a f***ing clue how RPG's worked. I had to start again on easy and learn the ropes.

Sleeping Dogs was canny hard until you mastered the counter timing. Got my arse kicked for weeks until a mate showed me how to counter properly.

Jet Set Willy, Alien8, and Sir Fred on the Spectrum, were all f***ing infuriatingly hard. I think the only two Spectrum games I ever completed legitimately were Bruce Lee and Saboteur, games were hard as fuck in the 80's :lol:

Hearts of Iron 4 is nails and a real challenge.
Just bought BF 5, anyone on it yet?

First time I played Fallout 3 I ended up with 2 broken legs and drinking irradiated toilet water in order to survive, Didn't have a f***ing clue how RPG's worked. I had to start again on easy and learn the ropes.

Sleeping Dogs was canny hard until you mastered the counter timing. Got my arse kicked for weeks until a mate showed me how to counter properly.
Played fallout far too much.....level 157 and 20 huge castle-like settlements. Abernathy Farm has over 20 floors lol

Legend of Zelda: Adventures of Link. My only memory of that game is the initial overworld and the game over screen. It’s seared on my memory from the number of times I saw it when I was a kid.

The hardest games I've played are all Paradox Grand Strategy games:

- Crusader Kings 2
- Europa Universalis 4
- Victoria 2
- Hearts Of Iron 3

Amazing games but just so complicated.
CK2 is great just because of the things you end up doing to get ahead, if I listed them all I'd probably be put on a list myself.

Back