Happy RUSH Day

mickb2112

Striker
Talk about surreal.....it`s 2112 today and I`ve just had RUSH bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee on the phone to talk about his new book.

As a massive RUSH fan that`s one of my top targets on my interview hit list ticked off (I`ve done Alex Lifeson too, so as Meatloaf once said, Two out of three ain`t bad:D)

Nice guy too......it`s always a relief when people whose music I`ve enjoyed for decades turn out to be decent people too.

Talk about surreal.....it`s 2112 today and I`ve just had RUSH bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee on the phone to talk about his new book.

As a massive RUSH fan that`s one of my top targets on my interview hit list ticked off (I`ve done Alex Lifeson too, so as Meatloaf once said, Two out of three ain`t bad:D)

Nice guy too......it`s always a relief when people whose music I`ve enjoyed for decades turn out to be decent people too.
Has he got a squeaky speaking voice?

Nice one Mick. Great album as well.
I`m chuffed to bits. It got rearranged from Tuesday so always a niggling doubt whether it`ll happen but so pleased it did. Made all the better that we had a really good chat, mostly about his book, which was the whole point of the interview, but didn`t get much time to talk about Hemisphere`s 40th anniversary reissue. Can`t complain though:D

Has he got a squeaky speaking voice?
Ha !!, no it`s just a regular voice. His singing voice did deepen a couple of octaves from the 70`s peak :D

Lucky get! I love Rush. Amazing band.

Wow my favourite band.
Comes across as a real decent down to earth lad.
Superb band and just wish they would have done one last farewell Tour.

Live in Rio on DVD as we speak.
Kids in their rooms, Mrs out with friends.
Superb.......

Last edited:
Wow my favourite band.

Superb.......

200,000 Brazilians singing along to YYZ.....an instrumental....is just incredible.:D

Lucky get! I love Rush. Amazing band.
Just been listening to Grace Under Pressure....it`s been a while..but what a great album.

Wow my favourite band.

Superb.......

He was very, very pleasant. Just wish I`d had more than half an hour. We pretty much talked about his book, most of the time, which was the purpose of the interview, but had so much more left to say.
I wish they`d have done one more tour too before calling it a day but I do know that Neil Peart was struggling and it was time to go. At least they went out on a high, with their best album in years and big, sell out arena tours. Not many bands stayed at the top for so long with their integrity intact with the same line up since 1974. Great band.

Last edited:
200,000 Brazilians singing along to YYZ.....an instrumental....is just incredible.:D

Just been listening to Grace Under Pressure....it`s been a while..but what a great album.

He was very, very pleasant. Just wish I`d had more than half an hour. We pretty much talked about his book, most of the time, which was the purpose of the interview, but had so much more left to say.
I wish they`d have done one more tour too before calling it a day but I do know that Neil Peart was struggling and it was time to go. At least they went out on a high, with their best album in years and big, sell out arena tours. Not many bands stayed at the top for so long with their integrity intact with the same line up since 1974. Great band.

For me 40 years of songs and a musical DNA that I look back on with so many tracks reminding me of my life.
Some tragedy in there as well.
Subdivisions always a tear. RIP to one of my best friends who took his life.
When I play this track under the influence of alcohol it all comes back.
I see him down the River Thames, a big grin where we used to fish. 4:00am the sun coming through the haze on a warm June Morning.
Rush get to me, they hit my inner soul.
Deep lad is SOT........
Sunday back to “home” to walk the village and a stop off to Dads grave.
The Trees ..........

For me 40 years of songs and a musical DNA that I look back on with so many tracks reminding me of my life.
I see him down the River Thames, a big grin where we used to fish. 4:00am the sun coming through the haze on a warm June Morning.
Deep lad is SOT........
The Trees ..........

Subdivisions is probably the only Rush song I like after Spirit of Radio.

Deep lad is SOT........
The Trees ..........
Great post. Love the way the power of music can work on people in different way. life would be a bleak place without music.

Subdivisions is probably the only Rush song I like after Spirit of Radio.
Try Middletown Dreams from Power Windows. It`s a great song and is usually my song of choice to test new headphones or hi-fi equipment due to it`s great range and depth of sounds.

Great post. Love the way the power of music can work on people in different way. life would be a bleak place without music.

Try Middletown Dreams from Power Windows. It`s a great song and is usually my song of choice to test new headphones or hi-fi equipment due to it`s great range and depth of sounds.

Yes indeed a great album.

Will do mate.

Back