Happy ending for Toby the Cat

Cat who walked 12 miles back to family who then tried to euthanize him finds new home
Toby, who walked 12 miles back to his family (who had given him away) no longer wanted him and took him to a shelter requesting that he be euthanized... has found a new home. I love a happy ending. :lol:

I was waiting for @Arkle to post this!
Logon or register to see this image

And cat haters can just sod off!
Thought this was another @MonkeyLove thread, but he's a dog person.

I am amazed he found his way back. I'm sure I wouldn't if someone dumped me 12 miles away from home. Not without taxi fare. :lol:

I'd manage eventually, assuming I could see where the sun is/was. 12 miles for a cat is pretty good though. I've got friends who only got a cat once their 4 year old daughter had part adopted a "stray" only to find that it was a serial goes missing cat that lived round the corner. Basically, it got lost every time it went on to a different street.

Pleased he's got what looks to be a good family. I really don't understand why his original owners wanted him euthanised rather than rehomed again...
I worked with a bloke who took his cat to be put to sleep when his wife gave birth. I was furious. It was a beautiful cat - I would have taken it. Years later he remarried and decided to live with his new partner who was pregnant...and had cats. I asked him if he was going to put her cats to sleep once she had the baby! He pretended he had no clue what I was talking about. I reminded him. :lol:

As far as I'm aware the cats are still living.

I worked with a bloke who took his cat to be put to sleep when his wife gave birth. I was furious. It was a beautiful cat - I would have taken it. Years later he remarried and decided to live with his new partner who was pregnant...and had cats. I asked him if he was going to put her cats to sleep once she had the baby! He pretended he had no clue what I was talking about. I reminded him. :lol:

As far as I'm aware the cats are still living.

He should have his stroking hand chopped off....

Cat who walked 12 miles back to family who then tried to euthanize him finds new home
Toby, who walked 12 miles back to his family (who had given him away) no longer wanted him and took him to a shelter requesting that he be euthanized... has found a new home. I love a happy ending. :lol:

I was waiting for @Arkle to post this!
Logon or register to see this image

And cat haters can just sod off!
Hope Toby gets sneaks back into his old house and rips the back out of their settee !

Hadn't realised this was in the USA till I clicked the link.

People there drive 200 miles to buy some cheese or something. Cats have the same seven years = one year thing going on that dogs have, so in UK cat terms this lazy cat only walked about eight yards and took f***ing ages.
I watched a BBC programme the other year about domestic cats who were tracked and how far they wandered. Some stayed fairly central but some roamed for miles. Their owners were amazed.

He's a looker! I'm assuming that his left front paw is close to the camera rather than giantly outsized?
:lol::lol: Yes Dougal, it's near the camera, not 'far away'! :lol:
I'm biased but he is gorgeous.

Last edited:
I watched a BBC programme the other year about domestic cats who were tracked and how far they wandered. Some stayed fairly central but some roamed for miles. Their owners were amazed.

There've been a couple. One in a village and one in and around Brighton. Both interesting. The rural one showed the distances walked whereas the urban one showed that cats will try to avoid conflict if possible and some have two or more owners (the little gits!).

There've been a couple. One in a village and one in and around Brighton. Both interesting. The rural one showed the distances walked whereas the urban one showed that cats will try to avoid conflict if possible and some have two or more owners (the little gits!).
That's right! Iirc one of the cats who left probably did so because the house was noisy with young kids and he sought out a little old blokey. Very sensible imo. My sister's cat did the same when her kids were young. Frankly I would have too! He's back home now most of the time - he's 17 and the kids have flown the nest.

Back