Happy Birthday Jimmy Page

I have seen zep twice, and Robert a few times, the o2 was not like a zep gig the songs were close to the originals ,as zep used to take the songs in a different direction, would hate for them to be like the stones, but it would be great if they had new stuff and got their groove back.

He’s 71, he’s earned the opportunity to do what he wants. I’d love to see them live, but Plant, Page and Jones should rightly be able to put their feet up rather than satisfy my desire to see them.

You are of course 100% correct, he's earned the right to do what he wants. Still as a fan I want more, would be great to hear them tackle more songs that Zep never played live. I'm just greedy for more.

I loved his solo stuff up to a few years ago but now it's quite stale, still it's his choice.
Isn't it more a case that Plant's happy doing what he does solo and doesnt want the media furore, stadium tours etc. that a longer term Zeppelin reunion would bring?

It is, that's what I mean by the quiet life, he can pick and choose gigs at small venues with no real hassle or fuss whereas a Zep gig is an event with all the extra attention and history that comes with it.
I have seen zep twice, and Robert a few times, the o2 was not like a zep gig the songs were close to the originals ,as zep used to take the songs in a different direction, would hate for them to be like the stones, but it would be great if they had new stuff and got their groove back.

Where did you see Zep mate? I love to hear first hand accounts of those who were lucky enough to see them.

I missed out, I was 9 when Knebworth happened.

I've seen Plant more than a dozen times when including the Page Plant gigs which were amazing.

Last edited:
You are of course 100% correct, he's earned the right to do what he wants. Still as a fan I want more, would be great to hear them tackle more songs that Zep never played live. I'm just greedy for more.

I loved his solo stuff up to a few years ago but now it's quite stale, still it's his choice.

It is, that's what I mean by the quiet life, he can pick and choose gigs at small venues with no real hassle or fuss whereas a Zep gig is an event with all the extra attention and history that comes with it.

Where did you see Zep mate? I love to hear first hand accounts of those who were lucky enough to see them.

I missed out, I was 9 when Knebworth happened.

I've seen Plant more than a dozen times when including the Page Plant gigs which were amazing.
First time city hall when I was 14, the the second night at earl's court , I was blown away both times first heard them when I was 11 through a Mars older brother, at the same time I heard Hendrix, my taste in music changed forever, never been much into sports, used to go to the matches when I was younger , but then music came along and that went out the window, as I was tall and looked older use to go to the mecca on Friday and Sunday nights from when I was 13, so I saw some great bands , when manly for the music but then discovered beer and girls .

They could still do it and it would be very good but seems as though Plant just wants the quiet life - what a waste.
It's not the quiet life - he's always busy with his solo thing exploring new avenues. If you watch that Life on the Road thing with Brian Johnson it's fair enough why he's made his decision and why he does what he does without Zeppelin, but it must be shit for Page not to be able to go out and play Zeppelin whilst Robert's still doing it (after a fashion) wish his own band. And of course the fans would love it - I wasn't one of the lucky 1 in a thousand people to see them at the O2.

It's not the quiet life - he's always busy with his solo thing exploring new avenues. If you watch that Life on the Road thing with Brian Johnson it's fair enough why he's made his decision and why he does what he does without Zeppelin, but it must be shit for Page not to be able to go out and play Zeppelin whilst Robert's still doing it (after a fashion) wish his own band. And of course the fans would love it - I wasn't one of the lucky 1 in a thousand people to see them at the O2.

That's a great interview with Brian Johnson, one of the best I've seen with Plant. Yeah he's always active, making music and doing gigs whereas I think Jimmy is lost without Zeppelin, not sure if we will ever see him perform again live.
First time city hall when I was 14, the the second night at earl's court , I was blown away both times first heard them when I was 11 through a Mars older brother, at the same time I heard Hendrix, my taste in music changed forever, never been much into sports, used to go to the matches when I was younger , but then music came along and that went out the window, as I was tall and looked older use to go to the mecca on Friday and Sunday nights from when I was 13, so I saw some great bands , when manly for the music but then discovered beer and girls .

A great post mate.
Was this the city hall one you were at?

Last edited:
That's a great interview with Brian Johnson, one of the best I've seen with Plant. Yeah he's always active, making music and doing gigs whereas I think Jimmy is lost without Zeppelin, not sure if we will ever see him perform again live.

A great post mate.
Was this the city hall one you were at?

Yes is was amazing, been 14 and seen your favourite band playing live, have the bootleg of the gig.

Isn't it more a case that Plant's happy doing what he does solo and doesnt want the media furore, stadium tours etc. that a longer term Zeppelin reunion would bring?
As one of them is dead then technically they can’t have a reunion. ;)

Plus Wolves are worth watching for only the second time since the 50s.

Plus Wolves are worth watching for only the second time since the 50s.
Have to admit I quite enjoy watching them on MOTD like.

The 1970 Royal Albert Hall gig on the Zeppelin DVD is some of the best concert footage you'll ever see. Immense. The interplay between them is great to see, especially Bonzo and Jones. There's a little bit in there I love (I forget which song 'cos it's years now since I've had it on), and they're all jamming away, I think it's either Dazed and Confused or How Many More Times, but they're there in the midst of it, Bonzo looks to Jones as if to say do we go now, Jones shakes his head, they jam on a few more bars and then the nod and the direction shifts. When you've been in and around live music it's nowt out the ordinary really, but it's just the way it's captured and the way they're up there jamming it's just a great little moment. And that's what's great about Zeppelin as well, especially in that early period. It wasn't just a group going up there with repertoire of rehearsed songs doing live cuts of their records, it was a proper band just playing and jamming and they gelled so well. Great great band.

Last edited:
Have to admit I quite enjoy watching them on MOTD like.

The 1970 Royal Albert Hall gig on the Zeppelin DVD is some of the best concert footage you'll ever see. Immense. The interplay between them is great to see, especially Bonzo and Jones. There's a little bit in there I love (I forget which song 'cos it's years now since I've had it on), and they're all jamming away, I think it's either Dazed and Confused or How Many More Times, but they're there in the midst of it, Bonzo looks to Jones as if to say do we go now, Jones shakes his head, they jam on a few more bars and then the nod and the direction shifts. When you've been in and around live music it's nowt out the ordinary really, but it's just the way it's captured and the way they're up there jamming it's just a great little moment. And that's what's great about Zeppelin as well, especially in that early period. It wasn't just a group going up there with repertoire of rehearsed songs doing live cuts of their records, it was a proper band just playing and jamming and they gelled so well. Great great band.

Yeah I love the Royal Albert Hall footage, they were on fire, it's not often I listen to Moby Dick but it's great to watch Bonzo attacking the drums in that gig.

Back