Hank n other smoggy posters.

SPUFF

Striker
Whats the crack with that huge collapsing chimney next to the a66?

also see that weird appartment block near riverside has same issues as Glenfell n all the residents have to pay to sort!

Sons team got an absolute scudding down there this morning.

also see that weird appartment block near riverside has same issues as Glenfell n all the residents have to pay to sort!

I'm not sure, but isn't Hank banned ?

As for the apartment block, i worked on that. Whole job was a fuck up from the start. The management couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. I've got a feeling there is or was some connection that company and the company that went bust who were refurbing the tyne pedestrial tunnel.
Anyway, that whole block was a shambles from the start, and i expressed my concern for anyone who might buy or rent one of the appartments. And i may have said that about 4-5 years ago on this board.
A short list of the things that went on that building.

Tower crane dripped oil over most of the vehicles in the compound below. Contractor had to pay a cleaning company to clean the cars and vans.
Company who were doing those weird houses on the roof were thrown off the job, i believe because they were in dispute with their fitters and behind schedule. The work was given to the company that was doing all the joinery work in and around the building. Redcar company i think.
Completed apartments at the bottom were repeatedly flooded when it rained.
Because of the flood damage, internal metal stud walls were damaged. Plasterboards were soaked, so bottom 3ft of boards were cut off and renewed. This happened repeatedly, because the top of the building was incomplete and rain just poured in.
Timber cladding on the upper part of the building which was some hardwood colour was stained blue/green because, for some reason, that is or was what colour of the houses on the roof and it got washed over the cladding.
Hoist kept breaking down, which helped delay everyone.
Health and safety was a mess. The upper floors, because they were open to the weather, all the walkways flooded. Men were working with ower tools standing in 2 inches of water. I sling a couple of battons in to stand on, but management removed them.
I could go on.

are you on about the big tank just off the westbound carriageway before the turn off for the haverton hill bridge.
that's been there for years.

I'm not sure, but isn't Hank banned ?

As for the apartment block, i worked on that. Whole job was a fuck up from the start. The management couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. I've got a feeling there is or was some connection that company and the company that went bust who were refurbing the tyne pedestrial tunnel.
Anyway, that whole block was a shambles from the start, and i expressed my concern for anyone who might buy or rent one of the appartments. And i may have said that about 4-5 years ago on this board.
A short list of the things that went on that building.

Tower crane dripped oil over most of the vehicles in the compound below. Contractor had to pay a cleaning company to clean the cars and vans.
Company who were doing those weird houses on the roof were thrown off the job, i believe because they were in dispute with their fitters and behind schedule. The work was given to the company that was doing all the joinery work in and around the building. Redcar company i think.
Completed apartments at the bottom were repeatedly flooded when it rained.
Because of the flood damage, internal metal stud walls were damaged. Plasterboards were soaked, so bottom 3ft of boards were cut off and renewed. This happened repeatedly, because the top of the building was incomplete and rain just poured in.
Timber cladding on the upper part of the building which was some hardwood colour was stained blue/green because, for some reason, that is or was what colour of the houses on the roof and it got washed over the cladding.
Hoist kept breaking down, which helped delay everyone.
Health and safety was a mess. The upper floors, because they were open to the weather, all the walkways flooded. Men were working with ower tools standing in 2 inches of water. I sling a couple of battons in to stand on, but management removed them.
I could go on.

:lol: Was it a canny job bar that though mate.

Article below, astonished the buyers must food the bill!!!

Sounds like maybe theyl claim back.

Last edited:
:lol: Was it a canny job bar that though mate.

Article below, astonished the buyers must food the bill!!!

Sounds like maybe theyl claim back.

The money was piss poor for the number of hours i was putting in. I was starting at 7-00 and finishing at 6-00pm. On top of that i had almost an hours drive there and an hour back. The only good thing i got out of it, was a years steady work, which when you're self employed is not to be sniffed at.
And i did get to watch the seals catching and eating fish in the dock.

Last edited:
The money was piss poor for the number of hours i was putting in. I was starting at 7-00 and finishing at 6-00pm. On top of that i had almost an hours drive there and an hour back. The only good thing i got out of it, was a years steady work, which when you're self employed is not to be sniffed at.
And i did get to watch the seals catching and eating fish in the dock.

Bastards prey on giving subbies a steady years work for feck all now while they take all the credit/profit n its only gonna get worse imo.

Back