Hangover

Same with me that. Wake up sweating early hours of Monday every week where I’ve had to get up and shower in the night. I wondered a few weeks ago if I’d actually pissed myself. 😂

Probably quite common this but in history we’ve never had the platform to discuss it at our age.
I think one of the reasons I feel so shite on the Monday is that I've lost about 4 pints of water during Sunday night's kip and I've got as much dehydration from that as I did from the booze the night before

Mind, then there's the weird mood and shapeless anxiety shite on top like

Last edited:
I’m not at the stage where I want to pack in full time. Just haven’t felt that happy recently in general and when I drink I’m fine but the next day I just want to sit doing fuck all. Seems a waste so until I’m ok again it’s just not worth it.
Change of season Spug and we know that winter is kicking in. Summer and those nice nights have left. Perfectly normal to feel a bit down. We all do. Grit your teeth and get on with it. 21st December. Starts getting lighter.

I just can’t do hangovers any more.
Now I go out on an afternoon and drink till no later than 8 or 9pm.
I find that I don’t wake up hanging any more,or certainly a lot less than I used to before.

I think one of the reasons I feel so shite on the Monday is that I've lost about 4 pints of water during Sunday night's kip and I've got as much dehydration from that as I did from the booze the night before

Mind, then there's the weird mood and shapeless anxiety shite on top like
Yeah I agree. Quite looking forward to seeing how I get on without it. Never really went booze free before.
Change of season Spug and we know that winter is kicking in. Summer and those nice nights have left. Perfectly normal to feel a bit down. We all do. Grit your teeth and get on with it. 21st December. Starts getting lighter.

Possibly. Suppose I have had a few things to deal with personally so maybe I just hadn’t dealt with them as I should mentally. Think sometimes I get too busy with life and don’t take the time to get my thoughts in order. I’ve had a good think today and made some plans so hopefully I’ll be fine.

Last edited:
Feeling the same as some on here. Had good drink for the first time in 3 weeks Friday just gone, couple of menders turned into a couple bottles of wine saturday, which in turn knocked my long run on Sunday on the head due to the hangover. Just feel it’s getting in the way of stuff I want to accomplish, think I’m gonna have some time off it. Feel much better in myself after a couple weeks off it.

I can have a good drink be quite pissed and only feel slightly tired the next day. I think I've won life. However, have no yearning to drink at home. Drinking is for social occasions only now.

For some reason I find that this only really happens on a Monday after a good drink on a Saturday. Find that I sweat like buggery while I'm sleeping on Sunday night as well.

Have cut down my drinking as a result and ideally mainly on a Friday night

Last time I was drunk I had the beer fear for three days , work fear , people fear , tv fear even eating fear - I felt dreadful so that it’s done for me now. I can never sleep properly the next night either so it’s not worth it.

Cut my drinking right down I absolutely hate myself afterwards now, lost day next day and the day after I’m on a massive downer. Was at a funeral on Friday and struggling to snap myself out of it after that. Been on propranolol for a while now but their effectiveness seems to be waning.

Seems to me that turning 40 had goosed everyone, loads of my mates seem a lot odder these days including myself! Suppose all of the abuse we have given our bodies and minds over the years has to come home and roost at some point.

I'm finding I need to watch how much I consume now. Anything over 5 pints and its game over the next day. I still don't feel right after a few but I can function.

Luckily I don't suffer from anxiety, but a anything more than 2 or 3 pints and I feel pretty rough the following morning. If I have an exceedingly rare heavy session these days the hangover can last 2 or 3 days - hence I don't have many these days. One bizarre thing I have found is that the famous white alcohol (52-58% alcohol tastes like utter shite) which I end up drinking at times doesn't seem to give me much of a hangover aside from a bit of dizziness for the first hour or so after waking up.

Shame really that all the social stuff i do with my mates involves drinking (sport aside)

Absolutely ruins me for days now, feel shite, lethargic, miserable etc.

At the age now where i always have something pre-planned at the weekend like weddings, christenings, out with mates, out with my lass. Always seems to involve drinking and find it hard to say no.

Annoying as out because i generally maintain a healthy lifestyle, gym around 4-5 times a week aswell as playing sport but all the physical and mental benefits of exercise that i put in consistently, just seems to evaporate as soon as I have had a drink. I then have to restart again on a Monday (which i can do without too much dread unlike others) and then get to the weekend, repeat infinitum.

Really want to try and knock it on the head for a prolonged period but don’t see how i can.

As i say this supping an ice cold bottle of Chang in Thailand :neutral:

I just can’t do hangovers any more.
Now I go out on an afternoon and drink till no later than 8 or 9pm.
I find that I don’t wake up hanging any more,or certainly a lot less than I used to before.
Same here, Spam
I only used to drink on a Saturday (match day) but I used to start at 9am and finish around 2am the next morning.
I'd be drinking for 14 and a half hours (minus the match duration and time spent on the train from Hartlepool to Sunderland, and back again)
The hangovers got worse as I got older.
I'd struggle to get off the couch, all day Sunday, and couldn't keep food or drink down, until Tuesday.
I only ever have 3 pints of shandy, these days, and have not been drunk since 2008.
I definitely don't miss the hellish hangovers, cold/hot sweats and nausea.

Back