Handwritten Letters from Jehovah’s Witnesses

It strikes me that if god is omnipotent and he can't get just two of these religious bodies and sects to 'sing from the same hymn sheet' never mind the thousands of different ones around the world he's a pretty shit god. Sack the bastard!
Science replaces religon...same thing less the fantasy.

I recently received a long, handwritten letter from a Jehovah’s Witness inviting me to a virtual meeting of theirs...thought it was odd they’d send hundreds of these, all handwritten(!) but brushed it off.

Today a friend of mine (yes, I do have them) who lives 150 miles away received a similar handwritten letter from his local Jehovah’s...

What’s the crack with this like? Anyone else?
Aye, same. Came 2nd class, could tell they had used a ruler to cut the paper in to A5 size. Gone down in my estimations. The name on the letter also led to an odd individual who has some strange YouTube videos.

I forgot, I got a letter from a local JW a few months ago. He was writing to all elected officials in the area to invite us to a virtual Kingdom Hall meeting. I wrote him a polite letter declining the invitation, but I forgot to send it. Oops.

I recently received a long, handwritten letter from a Jehovah’s Witness inviting me to a virtual meeting of theirs...thought it was odd they’d send hundreds of these, all handwritten(!) but brushed it off.

Today a friend of mine (yes, I do have them) who lives 150 miles away received a similar handwritten letter from his local Jehovah’s...

Yeah
Last year

On the medical intervention front, do they reject everything ? I may have to look it up. I doubt they are organ donors, but i'm here to be corrected.
If they are being fussy on receiving blood, i suppose sperm donation is a no.
From what I remember and it's been about 6 years since I last went. Everything is sort up to the person what they think is 'right' unless it outright says. So the blood thing is a big no no because it crops up. Confuses the f*uck out of me :lol:

My wife got one today. But then she used to stand and talk to them when they turned up at the door once a week.

I live in a block of flats and have never spoke to them, answered the telecom or had any interaction at all with them...yet I too have received a personal ballpoint blue letter. No idea how they knew my name or anything like that, but clear as day specific to me it came in an unstamped envelope. Just went straight in the bin.

Odd way to live but each to their own I guess.

I live in a block of flats and have never spoke to them, answered the telecom or had any interaction at all with them...yet I too have received a personal ballpoint blue letter. No idea how they knew my name or anything like that, but clear as day specific to me it came in an unstamped envelope. Just went straight in the bin.

Odd way to live but each to their own I guess.
Mibe was just to "The Householder" - Lazy bastids not doing the research . Im out !!

Crazy thing about the Jehovahs Witnesses is that the were formed because of a prophecy that Jesus was coming back in 1874 to bring about his kingdom on earth.

When it didn't happen they just kept on going, endlessly adjusting their theology, refusing to accept that the whole thing was a load of nonsense.

A great case study in the psychology of how people become invested in an idea and then refuse to accept it was wrong even when it doesn't come true.

I expect a 100 years from now we will get similar communications from Corbynites, Brexiters and Trump fans:

"The Brexit benefits are nigh! Repent ye Remainers, for at last the true Brexit is upon us"

"The 2nd coming is here! Trump will rise again in accordance with QAnon and contest the 2034 Presidential Election"

"And god so loved the world that he gave his only son, our Lord, Jeremy Corbyn, to lead us to repent our zionism"

Yeah I got one, do they not believe in photocopiers?

Yeah, we got one recently.

Back