Handwritten Letters from Jehovah’s Witnesses

It strikes me that if god is omnipotent and he can't get just two of these religious bodies and sects to 'sing from the same hymn sheet' never mind the thousands of different ones around the world he's a pretty shit god. Sack the bastard!

On the medical intervention front, do they reject everything ? I may have to look it up. I doubt they are organ donors, but i'm here to be corrected.
If they are being fussy on receiving blood, i suppose sperm donation is a no.

I fell down the stairs outside the leisure centre a few years ago, in eyeshot of the JWs on the corner. Apparently it was too much for them to leave their rack of leaflets for a minute to check if I was alright!

I wish someone had filmed it, mind, it was a proper slapstick moment, my shopping went everywhere. :lol:

If they knock on my door I always have a bit of a chat with them and not necessarily on religion. Do not find them pushy at all and prefer JWs to door to door salesman.

At the start of lockdown last year one of them even contacted me to ask if we needed any help..

They used to stand in subway leading to Galleries and I quite often stopped to talk to them.

I don't necessarily go along with all their beliefs but the ones I have had contact with seem nice people.

Speak as you find

When my gran was alive she would actively invite them in to try and convert them to being Catholic. Strangely enough after the first couple of times they used to miss her door out.

The father in law invited them in to talk a few years ago as he was bored, babysitting for us at our house.

After almost an hour of him talking to them about ancient aliens, inaccuracies in the bible, his views on evolution, all religions being made up etc. they were absolutely desperate to leave apparently and almost ran down the drive.

I swear (to any deity of your choosing) we haven’t had a single knock on the door from them in the past 8 or 9 years :lol:

I used to be one tbf, and I can confirm walking round streets on a Saturday instead of being at the footy was incredibly boring

Why aren't you one anymore if you don't mind me asking?
Was just a mixture of things. I started working full time which they weren't particularly keen on and I was sort of getting close with people they didn't 'approve of', like we'd go out to the pub etc

Got no ill will towards anyone like from there just wasn't interested

Was just a mixture of things. I started working full time which they weren't particularly keen on and I was sort of getting close with people they didn't 'approve of', like we'd go out to the pub etc

Got no ill will towards anyone like from there just wasn't interested
So you didn't get disfellowshipped or whatever it's called?

I recently received a long, handwritten letter from a Jehovah’s Witness inviting me to a virtual meeting of theirs...thought it was odd they’d send hundreds of these, all handwritten(!) but brushed it off.

Today a friend of mine (yes, I do have them) who lives 150 miles away received a similar handwritten letter from his local Jehovah’s...

What’s the crack with this like? Anyone else?
I’ve had one.
They’re a set of cranks.

Back