handing in ya notice

have you ever felt like a twat doing it, i have only been in this job 16 days and after giving them loads of spiel about how i wanted a career etc then im f***ing off a month later haha they are going to think am a massive twat.

have you ever felt like a twat doing it, i have only been in this job 16 days and after giving them loads of spiel about how i wanted a career etc then im f***ing off a month later haha they are going to think am a massive twat.
Who cares if they do? It's your career - just make sure you leave on good terms and work your notice.
North East is a small place and there is every chance you could wind up working at the same place as your current boss in the next 5 years.

What was the job?

Handed mine in yesterday after 6 month.

Sick of living away..missing matches, mates, family and lass (no)

Not for everyone working away like, found it decent enough at first.. but phased out massively for me.

2nd line field engineer for a construction company in Sunderland.........going to be doing what you have just left doing...

It always felt awkward for me if the job had been okay as I knew it was goodbye to alot of people I'd got to know. Working through the last few weeks of your notice always felt strange, as you went through varying phases from "business as usual" to tying up loose end to hand over preparations. I tried normally to do things right.

That said, with one job that didn't work out I was literally counting the days and doing the bare minimum I had to do, even setting the end day a few days early so I could escape faster. I had to get a couple of reports written and they were rushed.

I knew the reports for a client still needed proofing, but just didn't want to know as my working relationship had not been the best in the world with them. So I submitted the reports as locked PDFs, meaning they'd have to type the reports out from scratch if they wanted to amend them - a good few weeks work with a close deadline for submission to client. I'd done the reports so I wasn't in breach of contract, they were readable, but they couldn't get in to edit them.

After the crap they gave me, a little gentle grief was the least they deserved.

They could have asked for the Word copy or even the PDF password to unlock the files (oops, sorry, did I forget to leave those?) but they never did get in touch again. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Back