Hallowe’en decorations are too scary

I did a bit of a display in 2019 using atmosfx videos. Basically a projector onto three pumpkins in the garden to make them look like they were singing and telling jokes, and projectors onto a thin sheet in the downstairs and upstairs Windows with other things they do. I was pleased how it turned out and some of the local families that were coming round trick or treating loved it. But I was quite careful to use the more tame stuff because of the younger ones, and there were still some tears.

Example of some of their collections

I used the pumpkins, the cartoon style ghosts, the witch and the dancing skeletons. I’m planning on doing similar this year.

My kneejerk reaction was "What a soft shite, snowflake, etc. etc." then saw the pics and thought they were a bit macabre for maybe a small bairn to see. There's cartoony skeletons and there's ones that actually look like the real thing.

Mind, in Asda, you see people that are clearly scared of salad ingredients and soap, so it takes all sorts.
The article completely misses the point anyway. The complainant seemingly visited during low sensory hour. How gormless to have them horrible things hanging from the ceiling during an hour for people who may have adverse reactions to sensory stimulus

Nowt story

I did a bit of a display in 2019 using atmosfx videos. Basically a projector onto three pumpkins in the garden to make them look like they were singing and telling jokes, and projectors onto a thin sheet in the downstairs and upstairs Windows with other things they do. I was pleased how it turned out and some of the local families that were coming round trick or treating loved it. But I was quite careful to use the more tame stuff because of the younger ones, and there were still some tears.

I used the pumpkins, the cartoon style ghosts, the witch and the dancing skeletons. I’m planning on doing similar this year.
Just for the kids, an absolute chore and no fun for the adult 😊

Just for the kids, an absolute chore and no fun for the adult 😊

yea the techy in me gets no enjoyment from faffing about with projectors and making the streams sync up etc. Calling it making up for years of being one of those grumpy ones who doesn’t answer the door.

There's a house down Front Road in Ford that has gone full on Halloween in the same way some houses do entire front of house Xmas decorations.
Theres one by Crozier's chippy in Monkwearmouth thats the same. It looks ok tbh, but they put them up far too early, think they put them up the day after the schools went back after summer.

Those look brilliant, out of my league like, but very good.

Back