Halifax account holders losing interest

That's free speech. Opinions are like arseholes and all that malarkey. It's also free speech to move an account if a tender heart is upset by a nametag. I just see Halifax reminding folk of that free choice. The abruptness is neither here nor there, it's still free speech right?

That's free speech. Opinions are like arseholes and all that malarkey. It's also free speech to move an account if a tender heart is upset by a nametag. I just see Halifax reminding folk of that free choice. The abruptness is neither here nor there, it's still free speech right?
Aye. Difficult to see what choice Halifax had when the snowflakes started threatening to close their accounts. Put out a Tweet saying "We're not going to let you"?

I'm genuinely curious as to why folk link every LGBTQ thing with politics.
Assuming the Tories are doing a good job with this culture war shite.

I'm genuinely curious as to why folk link every LGBTQ thing with politics.
Assuming the Tories are doing a good job with this culture war shite.
It's my big gripe with this political climate we find ourselves in. No one gives a fuck about hundreds of men and women given a minutes' notice by zoom by P&O...that's a two day story but say a woman has a penis and folk don't stop talking about it. Until we start to address real political issues instead of culture wars this country will stagnate.

Aye. Difficult to see what choice Halifax had when the snowflakes started threatening to close their accounts. Put out a Tweet saying "We're not going to let you"?
There was a very easy choice, which was not to say "leave if you don't like it.

They could easily have said that they were being inclusive and it was optional and leave it at that.

If someone has their name on their badge then surely they want you to call them by that? You don’t normally use personal pronouns when speaking to someone face to face. I can sort of understand on emails because with some names I wouldn’t know what sex/gender they’re likely to be but even then you usually address someone by their name if you know it and if it’s just to a department you’d probably say Dear Sir/Madam . How often do you use personal pronouns when you know someone’s name? It’s usually when you’re speaking about them to someone else. If it really matters to someone and they think it unlikely you’ll get it right unaided then it’s useful. If people don’t feel strongly about it or it’s blindingly obvious do they still have to do it?.

It's not actually a bad thing really, as it's optional for staff to wear these badges the customer will be able to pick which member of staff to approach, don' like the badges just go to an employee without the badge. Simples.

It's not actually a bad thing really, as it's optional for staff to wear these badges the customer will be able to pick which member of staff to approach, don' like the badges just go to an employee without the badge. Simples.

Why wouldn't you want to approach someone with a badge?

Why wouldn't you want to approach someone with a badge?
To be honest I never even notice, the name badges, that crept in a few years back, just crack on. But cleatly some are having a problem with the badges and my suggestion is probably the most obvious route to solve this issue, much more practical than switching banks etc.

Back