Half-wit buys a house without doing her homework

Her argument for not knowing about the noise is ridiculous. It's next to a dual carriageway.
Is she saying the developer stopped the traffic every time she visited to con her into thinking it was quiet, what a numpty.

The development should have had a 10ft high earth sound barrier built where her back garden is for safety and noise reduction anyway.
She's screwed up, can't take anyone to court so has left herself no recourse apart from the tabloids.

I bet she was crowing to her cronies that she'd negotiated a £25k discount because she's so good at bartering and then her mates have sniggered at the road out the back.

Its easy to find on Google Maps. It’s a main dual carriageway that leads to the M6 and M42.

It’s unlikely a HGV is going to end up through her fence but the noise and pollution would be a mare. A few more houses along there in the same predicament mind.

There are two nice detached houses being built at East Rainton at the minute but they back right onto the A690. They have massive windows as well which seem to give views of not much other than a dual carriageway.
Sure the houses themselves will have some sort of soundproofing but you won't spend much time in the garden.
There’s some other nice ones on the a690, bout half a mile past the top
Of the houghton cut when heading towards sunland , but the gardens literally few feet away from that road
My daughter came in when I was reading that. She said "what you reading The Sun for? I thought you were a decent parent" 😳
It’s better than the mail or express 😀

The Sun must have been rubbing their hands with glee at that story. It's got the reaction they wanted.

Buyers stupidity aside I'm very surprised they were allowed to build next to a dual carriageway with no barrier between road and fence. Madness that.
That's the most annoying thing here, isn't it; lots of us clicking a link to the f***ing S*n.

Its easy to find on Google Maps. It’s a main dual carriageway that leads to the M6 and M42.

It’s unlikely a HGV is going to end up through her fence but the noise and pollution would be a mare. A few more houses along there in the same predicament mind.

Just had a look on Google maps and the only way you can access the property is from that dual carriageway.

When I'm looking at houses on Rightmove the first thing I click is the map link to see what's around the house. Location, plot position and surrounding buildings are key for me, you can change most aspects of a house, but it's difficult to relocate it.

Just had a look on Google maps and the only way you can access the property is from that dual carriageway.
Seems that way. I’d be more concerned about turning in or out of that junction than anything. There’s plenty of houses up there but how you could think that toad would be noise and pollution free is beyond me.

Seems that way. I’d be more concerned about turning in or out of that junction than anything. There’s plenty of houses up there but how you could think that toad would be noise and pollution free is beyond me.

When I drive on the A34 through Oxford there's similar size slip roads on either side of the road. You've got no chance of getting up to the speed of the road by the time you join the main carriageway, and that's only 50mph. Cars must sit and wait for ages to join at busy times.

Location, location , location
Despite the obvious the most worrying is the pollution she will get being so close to a busy road.
So the biggest investment you will make in a lifetime and no checks down.
Suspect the £25K price reduction was a too good to be true offer and they were blinded by it.
Unbelievable really, they should have said nowt took the hit and moved on.

When I drive on the A34 through Oxford there's similar size slip roads on either side of the road. You've got no chance of getting up to the speed of the road by the time you join the main carriageway, and that's only 50mph. Cars must sit and wait for ages to join at busy times.
Same at that petrol station on the A1 headed south near Doncaster. No slip road so you get trucks pulling out into 70mph traffic. Madness.

Are we meant to feel sorry for her? Doesn't seem very bright broadcasting it too much if she wants to sell.

Oh dear.

Buying the house in the first place was a mistake.

Did the previous owner show them round in the middle of the night with no traffic to avoid being sussed out?

Back