Half-wit buys a house without doing her homework

I lived on Kingsland Road - opposite the 24 hr Maccas, smack between the two overground stations, bedroom above the bus stop - for 3 months. Slept most nights in the lounge. Road traffic is one thing, people are far worse for noise pollution IMO. Someone got shot the night we moved in. You just don’t get used to that.

I lived on Kingsland Road - opposite the 24 hr Maccas, smack between the two overground stations, bedroom above the bus stop - for 3 months. Slept most nights in the lounge. Road traffic is one thing, people are far worse for noise pollution IMO. Someone got shot the night we moved in. You just don’t get used to that.

Me brother used to live about 10 foot away from train line in/out of Pompey. After a few years he bought his own place and moved out but couldn't sleep at the new house for months cos he'd grown accustomed to 20 trains an hour rattling past for years.
I think she says she was aware it’s next to an A road, it’s the fact it wasn’t busy when she went to view that’s meant the noise has come as a surprise.

Shock horror, roads get busy at peak times :lol:

A-road dual carriageway with a crash barrier down the middle anarl.

Last edited:
I think she says she was aware it’s next to an A road, it’s the fact it wasn’t busy when she went to view that’s meant the noise has come as a surprise.

Shock horror, roads get busy at peak times :lol:
She seems amazed that the traffic on a dual carriageway is like the traffic on a motorway, who'd ever have thought it.

Went with the wife (afore we were married, and no) to look at a house once. It was cheap and it was empty, and had been for a while. Told later that day it used be Colin Pichfork's old house. We didn't want it anyway.

Only issue I see if a lack of crash barrier, I wouldn't like my kid playing the back garden when a truck drivers falls asleep and ploughs through it, but I wouldn't have bought it in the first place, rather than expect it to be fixed.

Feel sorry for all the road users when the road is dropped to 40mph due to her complaints.

Are we meant to feel sorry for her? Doesn't seem very bright broadcasting it too much if she wants to sell.

We keep noticing just how many new estates are being built on roadsides these days.
Mind, we also point out that we see them because we're on those roads, ergo we don't see the new estates that are not near roads.
Still though, who wants a house next to a busy main road? Seemingly, loads of people - or they wouldn't build them. But it baffles me.

As for that example, it should be a 40mph road by the looks of it. No barriers to stop a crash going into someone's garden.
I'd be putting up a hedge line up very quickly too, to filter out all the shite from the road.
Must be horrible living somewhere like that.

Last edited:
We keep noticing just how many new estates are being built on roadsides these days.

Mind, we also point out that we see them because we're on those roads, ergo we don't see the new estates that are not near roads.

Still though, who wants a house next to a busy main road? Seemingly, loads of people - or they wouldn't build them. But it baffles me.

Probably been quiter than normal anarl cos of lockdown.

Went with the wife (afore we were married, and no) to look at a house once. It was cheap and it was empty, and had been for a while. Told later that day it used be Colin Pichfork's old house. We didn't want it anyway.

He has a parole board imminently where he might get released

There are two nice detached houses being built at East Rainton at the minute but they back right onto the A690. They have massive windows as well which seem to give views of not much other than a dual carriageway.
Sure the houses themselves will have some sort of soundproofing but you won't spend much time in the garden.

If you need digital hearing aids to hear anything like me it suddenly becomes a viable property. Although without them I wouldn't be able to hear my wife speak.

The Sun must have been rubbing their hands with glee at that story. It's got the reaction they wanted.

Buyers stupidity aside I'm very surprised they were allowed to build next to a dual carriageway with no barrier between road and fence. Madness that.

Kids smashing footies over the fence seem biggest risk to a lorry crashing through the fence to me. Need some canny high nets up quick

Back