Half-wit buys a house without doing her homework

If Thanos had of just wiped out idiots like this when he clicked his fingers I think he would have got away with his masterplan.

The same thing has happened to my house. I bought it in late 2019 and it needed a canny bit of work in the house and garden. Still quite a bit to do. There is a railway carriage in the garden that needs the panelling on the front replacing and the pub sign for "The Ha'Way Inn" putting up (name courtesy of a poster on here - thank you!). I'm not thinking of selling which is just as well as nobody will buy it currently.

However there are some roadworks on the main road up near Ely and all the flecking HGVs are short-cutting through the villages. It starts around 5.30am and it's just a parade of cars and lorries, travelling at stupid speeds for the width of the road. I joined the parish council just to gain a little more options of things to do. I've put speed loggers up to record the speeds and numbers, and this has gone to the police who are going to do more speed traps. But that's a short-term solution. I've also installed two new SIDs that flash up the speed (and record it) and these do work. The traffic is slowing down. Ultimate aim is to get a static speed camera or average speed cameras either side of the village. There are parents and kids walking to school who need to cross this road twice as the pavements stop on either side. It's like flecking Frogger (show your age if you know that!) and I want to try to address the issue before a tragedy happens, rather than afterwards.

The same thing has happened to my house. I bought it in late 2019 and it needed a canny bit of work in the house and garden. Still quite a bit to do. There is a railway carriage in the garden that needs the panelling on the front replacing and the pub sign for "The Ha'Way Inn" putting up (name courtesy of a poster on here - thank you!). I'm not thinking of selling which is just as well as nobody will buy it currently.

However there are some roadworks on the main road up near Ely and all the flecking HGVs are short-cutting through the villages. It starts around 5.30am and it's just a parade of cars and lorries, travelling at stupid speeds for the width of the road. I joined the parish council just to gain a little more options of things to do. I've put speed loggers up to record the speeds and numbers, and this has gone to the police who are going to do more speed traps. But that's a short-term solution. I've also installed two new SIDs that flash up the speed (and record it) and these do work. The traffic is slowing down. Ultimate aim is to get a static speed camera or average speed cameras either side of the village. There are parents and kids walking to school who need to cross this road twice as the pavements stop on either side. It's like flecking Frogger (show your age if you know that!) and I want to try to address the issue before a tragedy happens, rather than afterwards.
Seems a bit drastic for what is a short term problem.

Are we meant to feel sorry for her? Doesn't seem very bright broadcasting it too much if she wants to sell.

there was a story the other day of an Estate Agent crying at selling his home at a great price and then not being able to afford anywhere to move to because everywhere else had gone up too, the clown

Seems a bit drastic for what is a short term problem.
I should have added, there is a (big) problem of speeding traffic. The number of HGVs is the short-term issue.

The logger has shown in the last week alone 39 vehicles travelling through a narrow downhill stretch of a village road (30mph limit) at 65 mph and above. :cry:

It appears she's not as dumb as people think.

I'm minded of the saying better to keep quiet and let people think you're stupid rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Back