Australia in Lockdown . ......news

and day, another increase across the board...

also a fairly big protest happening right now in sydney, kicking off as well. no one wearing masks so we're fucked for a few more months. cheers lads.
there was a funeral this week and the family had a 'bit of a do' after and all 18 who attended have now got covid. cheers again.
31 of the 32 in intensive are are not vaxxed, the other has had 1 jab.

and day, another increase across the board...

also a fairly big protest happening right now in sydney, kicking off as well. no one wearing masks so we're fucked for a few more months. cheers lads.
there was a funeral this week and the family had a 'bit of a do' after and all 18 who attended have now got covid. cheers again.
31 of the 32 in intensive are are not vaxxed, the other has had 1 jab.

I don't blame them for kicking off

You can't hide behind the sofa and expect the rest of the world to kill the monster

The approach by Oz and NZ is baffling considering how poor their vaccine rollouts are

You can't hide behind the sofa and expect the rest of the world to kill the monster

The approach by Oz and NZ is baffling considering how poor their vaccine rollouts are

the majority of people protesting won't be taking the vaccine mind.

it's fair to say that both federal and state govs now realised that vaccinations are the only way out. i'm fucked off as well but i'll take it out at the ballot box and not act like a kvnt in a mob.

Aren't these along with NZ the governments which criticised ours?

Looking at the latest data and modelling from the UK and it appears we may have it spot on this time with opening up when we did

We have relatives in Oz and mates in NZ - save to say they're not happy with how this is panning out

The majority of our approach has been spot on. We've lived relatively un-touched. Where it's fallen over is failure to heed the urgency of the vaccine roll out and the potency of the delta strain. Even now all the other states bar NSW look to have it under control. Now we all know the danger of delta the vaccine roll out will accelerate. Problem for NSW is it's out in the community and it's going to take months to vaccinate everyone due to supply issues. We've got a boat load of Astrazeneca but nobody will take it.

Looking at the latest data and modelling from the UK and it appears we may have it spot on this time with opening up when we did

We have relatives in Oz and mates in NZ - save to say they're not happy with how this is panning out
I have friends and relatives in an around Auckland. Initially they were pleased with the governments lockdown policy feeling much safer, it’s turning a bit though with the slow roll out of the vaccine. Their economy relies an awful lot on tourism which is f***d atm.
Not a popular opinion on here but a few pals think Arden (Cindy as they call her) is a complete chancer citing something called Kiwibuild which was a government policy that was a total disaster. She’s exceptionally good at PR and the let’s be nice to each other message though. By all accounts the NZ opposition party National are utterly useless.
I hope it turns out OK over there

Mate more people have died in Seaburn from COVID than in the entire country of New Zealand

Imagine saying we’ve got it right and they’ve got it wrong :lol:

Mate more people have died in Seaburn from COVID than in the entire country of New Zealand

Imagine saying we’ve got it right and they’ve got it wrong :lol:
Except he's not saying that we've dealt better with covid than them over the course of the pandemic but why knock what he's saying when you can make up what he's saying and discredit that instead.

Except he's not saying that we've dealt better with covid than them over the course of the pandemic but why knock what he's saying when you can make up what he's saying and discredit that instead.

He is clearly trying to suggest that. Oh aye give us a big f***ing round of applause with our huge rate of COVID-19 deaths. Getting one thing right doesn’t mean the PM’s serial failures should be ignored but that’s the narrative some on here want to push.

Back