Hales and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're naïve mate.

When you've had 2 lads pleading with you to walk away then the same blokes kick you unconscious you might think differently.

If someone threatens people with a bottle he deserves decking.

He's not like. Stokes could have walked away or he could have pinned the dozy twat with the bottle to the floor til the Police arrived. He should not have twatted him so hard he fractured his eye socket.

Once it became apparently the knob with the bottle was shit scared of Stokes (and the crowd he was with) he had options other than belting him.

It's laudable that he's stepped in to help out but I suspect that his actions as per the video will be frowned upon by the court.

He's not like. Stokes could have walked away or he could have pinned the dozy twat with the bottle to the floor til the Police arrived. He should not have twatted him so hard he fractured his eye socket.

Once it became apparently the knob with the bottle was shit scared of Stokes (and the crowd he was with) he had options other than belting him.

It's laudable that he's stepped in to help out but I suspect that his actions as per the video will be frowned upon by the court.

How many times have you been threatened by a bloke with a bottle? Or in my case by 1 of 3 blokes when I was only with my GF?

Real life isn't like the movies. You make split second decisions and they maybe wrong in hindsight but that's not an option at the time.

Obviously the law may take a dim view but he has been charged with a minor offence which is spot on. I hope he gets off.

How many times have you been threatened by a bloke with a bottle? Or in my case by 1 of 3 blokes when I was only with my GF?

Real life isn't like the movies. You make split second decisions and they maybe wrong in hindsight but that's not an option at the time.

Obviously the law may take a dim view but he has been charged with a minor offence which is spot on. I hope he gets off.

It's utterly irrelevant man. If you decide to take the law into your own hands and twat someone so that they have a fractured eye socket you are asking for bother. If you don't understand that you are thick as. The law doesnt care if alcohol has impared your judgement. The crux of it is you should walk away from or not put yourself in a situation where you are involved in violent contact. I'm 49 I've managed to avoid it so far....all of my work colleagues likewise. Violence isn't an answer.

The fella was an out of control animal and deserves all he gets. The cricket should and is rightfully coming a distant second to this.

So you are out for a night, you see some thugs picking on some potential gay lads. You run and hide behind a car? :) :) :)

What a man you are

Good lad, I made the mistake of helping someone up after I had decked him, he had another go, decked him again, the utter bastard bled on my shirt
Some canny joining of the dots there big lad.

Twice.

Twice.

Not that big, but I can look after myself. You have a problem with him decking these arseholes?

It's utterly irrelevant man. If you decide to take the law into your own hands and twat someone so that they have a fractured eye socket you are asking for bother. If you don't understand that you are thick as. The law doesnt care if alcohol has impared your judgement. The crux of it is you should walk away from or not put yourself in a situation where you are involved in violent contact. I'm 49 I've managed to avoid it so far....all of my work colleagues likewise. Violence isn't an answer.

What if its self defence

Twice.

Good runner like or the diplomacy skills of Kofi Annan?

Walk away from a bloke who can pick a bottle back up and twat you with it. Great plan.

You come across as a bit of a tool to be honest mate. A professional cricketer shouldn't be in that situation. It is massively different from any of us getting involved. Once you sign an ECB contract there are some fairly substantial restrictions. He absolutely should be walking away. He shouldn't really be pissed in the middle of an international series.

Absolutely not. He'd lost the plot. Which is fair enough in some respects ....but he simply shouldnt have been there

Thats a different conversation. He shouldnt have been there, maybe, but put yourself in his place if you were there

Thats a different conversation. He shouldnt have been there, maybe, but put yourself in his place if you were there

We'll agree to disagree mate. His professionalism should have prevented him being there and also prevented him fracturing someone's eyesocket irrespective of the rational for his actions

Am I right click in thinking the bad lads also only got charged with affray? If so, does that suggest there are no witnesses to someone trying to bottle Stokes?

Why don’t you watch the cctv? That would make you ever so slightly more qualified to comment

Or maybe it would cloud his judgement and only give him part of the story - because it's been well documented that there's a lot more to the footage - but the gutter press opted to only show part of it.

Am I right click in thinking the bad lads also only got charged with affray? If so, does that suggest there are no witnesses to someone trying to bottle Stokes?
Yes to the first but not necessarily to the second .....
a) the case still has to be proved so there should be witnesses (from either side)
b) if the case is proved either side could demonstrate mitigating circumstances, so witnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back