hairdresser fined 27k for breaches

Stuck a sign in her window saying she had the right to ignore restrictions because of the Magna Carta 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hasn't the Met said they're not going to issue any more £10k fines because they're not sure if they're enforceable?

I'm not sure the Magna Carta will get her off but I can see a lot of these fines getting quashed

Part of me thinks enforce it for her stubbornness.

Honestly though, maybe dafties on the internet/facebook shouldn't be your go to for legal advice.

How can people shop everyday in supermarkets and the supermarkets dont risk losing their liscence to trade.... then 22 playes on a soccer pitch not adhering to any form of social distancing gobbing up phlegm and it is completely ok .... its a total farce and no consistancy or fairness. You cannot have one rule for one and not the other imo

How can people shop everyday in supermarkets and the supermarkets dont risk losing their liscence to trade.... then 22 playes on a soccer pitch not adhering to any form of social distancing gobbing up phlegm and it is completely ok .... its a total farce and no consistancy or fairness. You cannot have one rule for one and not the other imo
People need to eat.

People need to eat.
Bobby Sands went 66 days without food longer 0than any complete lockdown we have had to endure. Hairdressing is much safer than going to buy your daily shopping. Its easy money for a council but theyre quite happy to see the pubs open up for Christmas which has proven form for spreading the Virus... there is simply not a jot of consistancy

Last edited:
Bobby Sands went 66 days without food bigger than any complete lockdown we have had to endure. Hairdressing is much safer than going to buy your shopping. Its easy money for a council but quite happy to see the pubs open up for Christmas there is simply not a jot of consistancy

Is there some kind of secret club of you lot, where you have these spam messages pre-written by the same moron?

If you can’t spell basic words please just fuck off.

Is there some kind of secret club of you lot, where you have these spam messages pre-written by the same moron?

If you can’t spell basic words please just fuck off.
Stop being a **** and tackle the question

Or like when ive tested positive twice and you denounced it and its been proven it does happen and frequently.... you know nothing other than figures on a spreadsheet.... i would also wager you are obese but cant even diet to help youself so you rely on a vaccine ... wora joker

Last edited:

Or like when ive tested positive twice and you denounced it and its been proven it does happen and frequently.... you know nothing other than figures on a spreadsheet.... i would also wager you are obese but cant even diet to help youself so you rely on a vaccine ... wora joker

It’s a hairdressers you stupid ****. You want to close the supermarkets?

Please just fuck off you terminally thick twat.

You’re just another one of these lockdown sceptic bellends who adds absolutely fuck all to the board except for stupid opinions and a dozen spelling mistakes every post.

Last edited:
Hasn't the Met said they're not going to issue any more £10k fines because they're not sure if they're enforceable?

I'm not sure the Magna Carta will get her off but I can see a lot of these fines getting quashed

I have read that you can't just have blanket 10K fine as you have to take the persons circumstances into account as to their ability to pay.

The council have different powers to the police but if they are using the new covid-19 powers rather than general public health these haven't been tested in court which is ultimately where legal issues are decided.

Bobby Sands went 66 days without food longer 0than any complete lockdown we have had to endure. Hairdressing is much safer than going to buy your daily shopping. Its easy money for a council but theyre quite happy to see the pubs open up for Christmas which has proven form for spreading the Virus... there is simply not a jot of consistancy

Hi, I'm not sure that the time it took for a 27 year old man to die of hunger is a particularly useful metric. Children, pregnant women and the elderly won't have anything like his resilience. And he didn't simply die on day 66, a picture of health. The body starts eating itself after only a few hours without food. Starvation causes organ and immune system failure long before death. Is that really what we want for our population? It seems to me that the risks of starvation far outweigh the risks of COVID-19.

I'm not sure of your basis for asserting that hairdressing is much safer than shopping. Intuitively, I think you are wrong, because hairdressing involves personal contact between in and about the hands/faces danger zones. A hairdresser who contracts COVID 19 has the potential to infect dozens, perhaps hundreds of people. I am unaware of any statistical studies which would support your assertion. Perhaps you could give me a link?

Even if you are right about the risks of hairdressing, you have not considered the full picture. Risk alone is not enough. The risks and benefits need to be weighed against one another. Hospital COVID wards almost certainly present a higher risk of transmission than any other setting. Should we close those wards but keep the open the barbers? Obviously not.

I don't think you have thought through the consequences of you position.

I went to Bradford uni during the winter of discontent and I was utterly discontented. Grim doesn’t quite cover large swathes of it
Took my son to have a look around Bradford when he was deciding on a University.
There was a very good museum of photography, but apart from that very little to recommend it.

Back