Hair plaiting

Odd for a footy forum I know but....
Me and Mrs TT are adopting a young girl. She comes to us in about 2 weeks. We’ve had a load of training around the emotional care, attachment etc but the one outstanding thing is neither of us can plait hair properly (skull plaits and that)
Serious question - does anywhere in Sunderland area do night classes?

1. Well done for adopting a lass there. Good luck.
2. What ethnicity is she? If she’s European then does she absolutely have to have her hair done that way?
3. If she’s of African descent consider locks. Our lass had braided barnet when I first met her and it was a right old fart on so I suggested she lock her hair instead. Much better but it’s more or less permanent so if she changed hair mind in the future she’ll need to get an all-off to start over. Our lass’s locks are waist length now. Looks class.

Odd for a footy forum I know but....
Me and Mrs TT are adopting a young girl. She comes to us in about 2 weeks. We’ve had a load of training around the emotional care, attachment etc but the one outstanding thing is neither of us can plait hair properly (skull plaits and that)
Serious question - does anywhere in Sunderland area do night classes?

Congratulations on the adoption :cool:

Second watching YouTube videos and practicing when she arrives. My daughter learned by faffing about with my hair.

YouTube and get a doll head they use for the hairdresser students, they clip on the side of a table, off eBay. Not wanting to brag but I can scalp plait me own hair , it's all about practising

Then they should make the process easier and less intrusive, not only to the putative parents, but also their friends and family. And drop the each child must have their own bedroom nonsense, especially when the child is very young.
We adopted. He’s 18 now. And he’s topper - great lad.

Then they should make the process easier and less intrusive, not only to the putative parents, but also their friends and family. And drop the each child must have their own bedroom nonsense, especially when the child is very young.
Disagree mate. Theyve got to be as 100% sure as they can about you and your background. Yes they dig right into your past, but surely this is warranted?

YouTube and get a doll head they use for the hairdresser students, they clip on the side of a table, off eBay. Not wanting to brag but I can scalp plait me own hair , it's all about practising

Mrs TT dug out her 1970's Girls World (I kid you not). It is rather creepy and the hair is made from Camel pubes or something.

Back