Haggis

It’s my intention to deep fry a haggis in batter tomorrow.

However, the only haggis I could get was a boil in the bag one.

Am I likely to die by not cooking it in the bag or in the way they tell you to cook it?

I thought this....but it says do not reheat.

I could cut the bag, shape it, batter it and fry it. Or will it fall apart?
Maybe bind it with an egg 1st if it’s crumbling, then form into a shape. I’d definitely chill it for a while before frying it

Maybe bind it with an egg 1st if it’s crumbling, then form into a shape. I’d definitely chill it for a while before frying it
To be double sure you could put the haggis in a blender but there’s really no need. It’ll be perfect hand moulded. I’ve done the same thing myself before.

It’s my intention to deep fry a haggis in batter tomorrow.

However, the only haggis I could get was a boil in the bag one.

Am I likely to die by not cooking it in the bag or in the way they tell you to cook it?
Just slice open the bag and if it’s been fridged well, you can have slices ready to go. Alternatively, if it’s a bit claggy, roll it into balls or sausages, flour these and then batter them.

I've baked it, after taking off the cellophane stuff, and it was canny. Strange as it sounds, the vegan version is very tasty too. It's just oatmeal and spices, of course, and isn't a patch on the real thing, but it was pretty good.

Back