Haemorrhoidal artery ligation (HALO)

crazydiamond

Reserve Squad
Any one had this done? On blood thinners for the rest of my life. Sick of the piles bleeding, the blood loss is a lot. On iron tablets its that bad. Had the fuckers done a few years back, the pain was immense, no pain killers touched it , just got spaced out. Looking for alternatives to stop this daily blood loss. At DRS tomorrow, wanting to know if this procedure is available in the Sunderland area,
If anyone, has had both operations, what's the better option ? Thanks
If anyone, has had both operations, what's the better option ? Thanks

Last edited:

I had a Hemorrhoidectomy in early October and it was horrible. The pain afterwards lasted a good few weeks and I was off work for a month. And while it's improved it still hasn't eradicated all of them.

I had a Hemorrhoidectomy in early October and it was horrible. The pain afterwards lasted a good few weeks and I was off work for a month. And while it's improved it still hasn't eradicated all of them.

Had that done in 2013, very painful like, the first 2 and 8 was off the scale. As you say doesn't solve it entirely, nothing will any more, had more banded earlier this year.
If I eat spicy food or have a good drink - well, my ring a ding ding 😬

Had that done in 2013, very painful like, the first 2 and 8 was off the scale. As you say doesn't solve it entirely, nothing will any more, had more banded earlier this year.
If I eat spicy food or have a good drink - well, my ring a ding ding 😬
Drinks worse for me. If I'm just steady away I'm not too bad but if I've had a good drink then that's when the problems start.

I get them at least once a year and my sympathies go out to fellow sufferers. Had them for 25 years now. Stay hydrated, plenty of fibre.Has treatment not advanced that much then?

grim subject

Aye, I get flare ups occasionally. No idea what causes it at it appears quite random.

Not pleasant at all and the horror stories around getting them banded has put me off that course of action.

Aye, I get flare ups occasionally. No idea what causes it at it appears quite random.

Not pleasant at all and the horror stories around getting them banded has put me off that course of action.

Banded is a doddle mate, well you know, now if you needed a hemmerhoidoctomy that's when you should be concerned.

Definitely, keep a tube of this handy and use only when needed, helps a lot.
Germaloids is shite. Sheriproct is the business , contains a mild steroid that actually does shrink them over a week or two ( along side careful management ).
Its prescription only but if you cant get to the doc the online providers will give you it no bother, just tell them in the application your doc said it was ok.
Best advice i ever got off the SMB , cant remember the poster but thanks whoever you were 👍🏻

Germaloids is shite. Sheriproct is the business , contains a mild steroid that actually does shrink them over a week or two ( along side careful management ).
Its prescription only but if you cant get to the doc the online providers will give you it no bother, just tell them in the application your doc said it was ok.
Best advice i ever got off the SMB , cant remember the poster but thanks whoever you were 👍🏻

🙄 if you look at the germaloids I linked to ( not just the regular stuff) it has a local anastetic, I can confirm its the best non POM and definitely not shite ( you usually have to poke it in the shite 😬) if your having that much bother you should be seeing your doctor anyway.

🙄 if you look at the germaloids I linked to ( not just the regular stuff) it has a local anastetic, I can confirm its the best non POM and definitely not shite ( you usually have to poke it in the shite 😬) if your having that much bother you should be seeing your doctor anyway.
Aye , i fortunately up to now i have only had the odd external over the years so no need to bother the doc. When you know , you know with the old chalfonts . Deepest sympathies to the major sufferers .

Said it before on here, albeit a different thread. I had an outbreak about 10 years back after fish and chips and a few pints. I barely made it to the next pub as I had crippling stomach cramps. Sat down on the bog and this f***ing lazer beam of liquid shit is output immediately. It was like a Bosch pressure washer.

Got out of bed the next day in agony as if I had a knife up me balloon knot. Mrs FatCat (trained as a nurse) confirmed "there's no way that fucker is going back in". Got her to take me to Docs. Prescription of steroid cream and ibuprofen. The mix of them burst the grape about 6 hours later which left a rather unpleasant grey and red slurry in my duds but the relief of pain and pressure was immense.

Back