Gyms closing - Home Workouts?

Anyone got any home workouts sorted in case the gyms all close?

I've got some 16kg resistance bands but nowt else. I'll need to try and build a basic workout around them if I can't get to the gym, like.

What's peoples stance on going to the gym for those still open?

You going or giving it a miss?

I went yesterday. I think gym staff will be doing all they can to keep it clean. I just made sure I didn't touch my face and washed hands/ showered afterwards. It was very quiet.

I'll probably keep on going at the moment tbh, then run if they close.

Pure gym staying open for now but with these caveats:

• All classes have been cancelled until further notice
  • We will only allow a maximum of 100 members at a time in the club. You can check the number of members in the club on the PureGym App before you visit
  • We may reduce the opening hours of your club over the coming weeks, please check your gym homepage for the latest details
  • Certain items of equipment will be temporarily removed from use, to ensure the minimum 2 metre social distance as advised by the Government, is maintained
  • Personal Trainers will continue to operate where possible, please check directly with your PT

Freeletics is a canny app. You have to pay for premium content (basically online pt) but there’s plenty of free home workouts on there and a lot of them need no equipment . I downloaded it myself earlier cos I’m giving the gym a miss in light of the current climate .

Still doing boxing, was packed as well. Just can't use their gloves etc which are in the box for those without them.

I've got these in the house for home workouts, really good and take up no space which is a bonus.

Logon or register to see this image

Just turn the cog on the end and it changes weights for you in an instance, saves having to fuck about putting weights on bars and shit. Straight into your next exercise.

Still doing boxing, was packed as well. Just can't use their gloves etc which are in the box for those without them.

I've got these in the house for home workouts, really good and take up no space which is a bonus.

Just turn the cog on the end and it changes weights for you in an instance, saves having to fuck about putting weights on bars and shit. Straight into your next exercise.
How much did they set you back?

What's peoples stance on going to the gym for those still open?

You going or giving it a miss?
While I’m still at work I’m still going gym , which is still open
Just get some cheap dumbbells from Argos or summit , that’s all you need for basics

Last edited:

Look class them like. As above,how much?

Got them well over 10 years ago. They were about £300-£400 I think back then so should be cheaper nowadays.

See above. Probably cheaper ones about now.

Bowflex Selectteck 1090 (might be newer ones out now mind and other versions cheaper by other companies)
Got them well over 10 years ago. They were about £300-£400 I think back then so should be cheaper nowadays.

See above. Probably cheaper ones about now.

Bowflex Selectteck 1090 (might be newer ones out now mind and other versions cheaper by other companies)

Looks like a quality piece of kit but too pricey for me. Wonder if anywhere will exchange for a few packs of loo roll.

Back