Gyms closing - Home Workouts?

Managed to buy some 15kg ones for a tenner off a friend. My uncle also dropped off a bar and two dumbells with removable plates - vinyl and not Olympic (put in my garden for me - social distancing!), but alongside my resistance band I can make it work til I can get back in the gym.

Also burning roughly 1000kcal per day on a 4 mile dog walk in my alloted exercise - all on back roads and fields so away from people other than the occasional dog walker.

Really missing the gym.

Mum last week first told me how much weight I had put on particularly around my middle and how much it concerned her. I weighed in at my first count 14st 6lbs. That began to then shock me too. But the first time I would say I was properly shocked by the weight I am carrying is when I saw myself in a vid my lass took of me on a 'march' on Elizabeth Castle on our holiday to Jersey last July. A lot of us guys got roped in to be part of an army on parade led by someone dressed like a British soldier during the Napoleonic war times. I looked back at myself and on lots of other pics she took of me and I would say I was shocked by my large frame. My large belly was further brought home to me when I first noticed how tight t-shirts are around my stomach area.

Last week I started going on a diet and exercise programme. Cutting down as much as I can on high fat snack food like crisps and chocolate and moving away from dinners high in things like calories and fat and going for low calorie alternatives. For anyone from Shields' I do a walk/jog session which takes me on a route that takes me to the end of Sunderland Road and down Shields Road to the bottom corner of Temple Park at the end of King George Road and back up Shields Road and home. All told it takes me about 22 minutes. But at 14 stone I need to take is slow and easy at first and then build up.

This morning mum first suggested I do a gym session using something called the Wonder Core and a Maxi Climber.

Are they any good and what should I start off doing?

probs SHB but the amount of exercise stuff “sold out” on many various websites is amazon amazing. Not just cheap shit either. Stuff for a couple of grand, and more, is out of stock on many sites. There’ll be a shitload of cut-price goodies when lockdown is relaxed properly.

Also there’s some right characters support the lads if this place is anything to go by.

probs SHB but the amount of exercise stuff “sold out” on many various websites is amazon amazing. Not just cheap shit either. Stuff for a couple of grand, and more, is out of stock on many sites. There’ll be a shitload of cut-price goodies when lockdown is relaxed properly.

Also there’s some right characters support the lads if this place is anything to go by.
Is it not a case they’re not shipping? Argos for example, I don’t think they’re sold out, but won’t deliver anything if significant weight & aren’t doing click & collect.

Is it not a case they’re not shipping? Argos for example, I don’t think they’re sold out, but won’t deliver anything if significant weight & aren’t doing click & collect.
I’m talking about websites that state “out of stock” and the like. Even manufacturer websites with no stock. I emailed one who stated they weren’t making the kit until the end of September. But even others, as far as I’m aware, are still selling & delivering what they’ve got.

Got a little circuit for the garden:
1min skipping
10x KB swings @ 24kg
1min heavy bag
10x thrusters @ 2x16kg
10x mountain climbers on TRX

as many rounds as possible.

gonna give a simple heavy bag routine I saw on kings Muay Thai page a go today:
25x right body kicks
25x left body kicks
50 continuous teeps (25 each side)
50 skipping knees (25 each side)

4 rounds

For lockdown I bought some Indian clubs and a 20 kilo kettlebell. Aside from that I have a set of dumbbells and some resistance bands.

The workouts have had to be creative, and to be fair, it’s made for the most fun I’ve had training in years.

Back