Gym tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was at Pure this morning from 6:15, I wasn't expecting so many people to be there but it's much busier than the evening.

Im finally going to join pure gym today, will go tonight for cardio. Will it be busy at 8 or 9pm?

Get a free day pass (4FREE code), at least then you can decide whether it's a gym you want to commit to.
Good idea, how do I do that, is there promotion on puregym website?

edit think i have done it :lol:

Got daypass and will go tonight to see what its like

Last edited by a moderator:
My gym's canny-always empty, but I'm a bit sick of the black lab slobbering on me mush when I'm doing floor presses. The joys of training at home!

Im finally going to join pure gym today, will go tonight for cardio. Will it be busy at 8 or 9pm?
I left at 8pm, at that time was about what it was like at peak time before Xmas.

Even in January peak time I think there's enough to get on a treadmill, maybe not a cycle / cross trainer etc but only for a few minutes.

Still very busy tonight

I left at 8pm, at that time was about what it was like at peak time before Xmas.

Even in January peak time I think there's enough to get on a treadmill, maybe not a cycle / cross trainer etc but only for a few minutes.

Still very busy tonight
I ended up going at 3pm yesterday and was fairly quiet.

It's a canny gym, certainly for the price, still happy at the health and racquet club but no excuse these days for people to nor afford decent gyms for any kind of goal.

Always seems to be loads of chubby lads in hoying weights abo. Surely they should have muscles/definitions rather than looking a bit fat.

Not if they don't diet for it. See my avatar: Andy Bolton, one of the strongest men in the world and an absolute blob of a man.

:lol:

Do you take it as serious enough as to have certain types of food at certain times marra? Any basic hints n tips? Like are there do's and donts say pre and post workout? Im not going to get into it that much but if im going to have certain bait I might as well have them in the best order.

Do you take it as serious enough as to have certain types of food at certain times marra? Any basic hints n tips? Like are there do's and donts say pre and post workout? Im not going to get into it that much but if im going to have certain bait I might as well have them in the best order.

If you're not serious it makes no odds, just eat the right number of calories with the right macronutrient ratios every day. I'd probably only say have some carbs before you train, I feel faint and weak if I don't.

I'm interested in getting stronger and that's it. Don't care about physique so I eat what I can when I can. I'm clearly not predisposed to gain weight quickly though so that kind of diet suits me fine and I don't lay down much fat.

If you're not serious it makes no odds, just eat the right number of calories with the right macronutrient ratios every day.

I'm interested in getting stronger and that's it. Don't care about physique so I eat what I can when I can. I'm clearly not predisposed to gain weight quickly though so that kind of diet suits me fine and I don't lay down much fat.

Like if you want some definition and not much fat. Id usually think just don't eat fat but it seems more complex than I gave it credit.

Like if you want some definition and not much fat. Id usually think just don't eat fat but it seems more complex than I gave it credit.

If you don't get enough dietary lipids (fats) your body can't synthesise the hormones required to develop muscle and other tissues. As I said, macronutrient ratios, proteins:carbs:fats have to be reasonably good to get the best results.

Muscle (and fat) building vs fat (and muscle) loss is a question of having the right macro ratios and then calories in vs calories out. Which is what you're concerned about. From what I can gather you're worried you've lost a lot of weight? So my advice would be eat in a 500 kCal excess for about a year then do a 'cut' and see what you look like.

As I type this I'm chomping my way through 4 sausage rolls :lol:

If you don't get enough dietary lipids (fats) your body can't synthesise the hormones required to develop muscle and other tissues. As I said, macronutrient ratios, proteins:carbs:fats have to be reasonably good to get the best results.

Muscle (and fat) building vs fat (and muscle) loss is a question of having the right macro ratios and then calories in vs calories out. Which is what you're concerned about. From what I can gather you're worried you've lost a lot of weight? So my advice would be eat in a 500 kCal excess for about a year then do a 'cut' and see what you look like.

As I type this I'm chomping my way through 4 sausage rolls :lol:

Yep, but want to put it back on in muscle, which I guess is what you were getting at in your suggestion.

Yep, but want to put it back on in muscle, which I guess is what you were getting at in your suggestion.

Just eat. You need to be in a calorie excess to build muscle. You will put on some fat but as a beginner you'll find your body shape and composition changes for the better despite that. Once you've gotten to a weight you're happy with, you can think about cutting some of the fat, if that's what you'd like to do.

For me? I live in England and my day to day life doesn't involve me taking my top off a lot so I couldn't give a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back