Gym recommendations?

Anyone got a recommendation for a gym? I'm based in CLS but would travel a bit for a decent one. Currently at the leisure centre in CLS but the pool is always full of grannies and the gym is pretty shit.

Ideally want one with a pool, but not vital.

Cheers

David Lloyd at doxford is good. My lass goes there and gets guest passes so I get to go now and again. Bit much for me like.

Not sure if others with a pool. Radisson at Durham?

Just had a look at the JD website. £21.99 now for new customers!! Bit steep when a lot of the equipment is out of order.

Lots of people seem to misuse equipment which is why it breaks. doesn’t help that it’s quite cheap though and the instructions are in Indian English - keep hair and teeth away and off the moving parts. If you are having a confusion consult a fitness expert

Lots of people seem to misuse equipment which is why it breaks. doesn’t help that it’s quite cheap though and the instructions are in Indian English - keep hair and teeth away and off the moving parts. If you are having a confusion consult a fitness expert
Yeah you’re right there. Some people are morons. Especially with the cable equipment. No one it snaps.

I'm at David Lloyd at Doxford, mainly because the Mrs gets discount and we're on a couples membership. I'd say it's worth it if you take advantage of the courts, classes, pools etc.

I mainly use the gym (which is decent enough but not amazing and probably no good if you're a powerlifter type and looking to smash weights all over the shop) and play squash 1/2x a week, so definitely don't get my moneys worth.

Yeah you’re right there. Some people are morons. Especially with the cable equipment. No one it snaps.

We've had a hammer strength chest press machine bust twice this year because arseholes use it for shrugs.

Chester is woeful like, had to join up for a couple of months last year when I couldn't run and it's cack.

Bannantyne's at The Riverside is class like but £50 is steep.

There's also a canny powerlifting type gym on the Front Street if that's your thing and a new Crossfit place where Argos used to be.

Anyone got a recommendation for a gym? I'm based in CLS but would travel a bit for a decent one. Currently at the leisure centre in CLS but the pool is always full of grannies and the gym is pretty shit.

Ideally want one with a pool, but not vital.

Cheers
UltraFlex in Gilesgate/Belmont is good if you don't mind travelling mate. Absolutely massive and some class equipment. No pool sadly

I also go to Bannatynes up the road and mainly use the sauna, steam room pool etc. But again, gym isn't fantastic in there

Back