Gym nuggets

I joined Pure in January. The amount of nuggets here is exceptional
No concept of personal space, even less when you’re a few reps deep of a heavy deadlift sesh- just feel free to walk in the area and fuck my concentration up

People who smash the weights together (e.g. when using a machine or putting plates on a stack). That's so high pitched and loud you could be giving everyone in the area perma damage. One of the reasons to wear headphones is this discourtesy.

People who smash the weights together (e.g. when using a machine or putting plates on a stack). That's so high pitched and loud you could be giving everyone in the area perma damage. One of the reasons to wear headphones is this discourtesy.

There's an older, foreign fella gets in my gym who insists on throwing plates to the floor when he's deracking whatever he's using. It's almost as if he HAS to let everyone know he's here and he's lifting.

Same bloke leaves his towel on benches he isn't even using.

There's an older, foreign fella gets in my gym who insists on throwing plates to the floor when he's deracking whatever he's using. It's almost as if he HAS to let everyone know he's here and he's lifting.

Same bloke leaves his towel on benches he isn't even using.

Yeah I have a suspicion some in the gym think they are performers and struggle to understand that most folks aren't there to watch a show.

I joined Pure in January. The amount of nuggets here is exceptional
No concept of personal space, even less when you’re a few reps deep of a heavy deadlift sesh- just feel free to walk in the area and fuck my concentration up

I was up at Christmas and trained in the Pure above Tesco a few days...

What a bunch of f***ing unoriginal cookie cutters! Walking around the weight area leaving plates all over the bars in the same Gym Shark attire, with BCAA shaker bottles and Monster sugar free drinks, thinking their moderate level of strength gives them the right to be totally obnoxious and ignore gym rules.

Some fat lad not fit to clean my sputum had been loading up the deadlift bar doing some back breaking hitched reps in straps, before trying to slink off in to a circle jerk of other young cookie cutters who were fist bumping him and such. Like fuck was I going to strip down the bar, went over and with a rather unimpressed look told him to go and strip the bar so I could use it.

Massive issues with gym etiquette in there.

I was up at Christmas and trained in the Pure above Tesco a few days...

What a bunch of f***ing unoriginal cookie cutters! Walking around the weight area leaving plates all over the bars in the same Gym Shark attire, with BCAA shaker bottles and Monster sugar free drinks, thinking their moderate level of strength gives them the right to be totally obnoxious and ignore gym rules.

Some fat lad not fit to clean my sputum had been loading up the deadlift bar doing some back breaking hitched reps in straps, before trying to slink off in to a circle jerk of other young cookie cutters who were fist bumping him and such. Like fuck was I going to strip down the bar, went over and with a rather unimpressed look told him to go and strip the bar so I could use it.

Massive issues with gym etiquette in there.
😂 How did he react?

I go to JD on Trimdon Street and the etiquette in there leaves a lot to be desired. I emailed the manager recently to tell him he needs to get on top of it.

😂 How did he react?

I go to JD on Trimdon Street and the etiquette in there leaves a lot to be desired. I emailed the manager recently to tell him he needs to get on top of it.

He did with the help of one of his fan boys, claiming he was coming back over anyway, despite having picked up his bag and chalk etc and walked over to the lat pull down machine.

With this stuff ignorance isn't really an excuse. Signs are in almost every gym for everyone to read regarding this sort of stuff. It's f***ing laziness and sometimes arrogance. Clearly thought he was the man. Wonder if his back is even in once piece anymore after the form he was using trying to show off to the gym floor.

He did with the help of one of his fan boys, claiming he was coming back over anyway, despite having picked up his bag and chalk etc and walked over to the lat pull down machine.

With this stuff ignorance isn't really an excuse. Signs are in almost every gym for everyone to read regarding this sort of stuff. It's f***ing laziness and sometimes arrogance. Clearly thought he was the man. Wonder if his back is even in once piece anymore after the form he was using trying to show off to the gym floor.
You’re right, it’s nothing but laziness and arrogance in some cases. I’ve been asked by females on more than one occasion to take 25 plates off a barbell in a squat rack or a leg press because they simply can’t lift them. If you’re able to load a barbell or a machine with 25 plates you should show a little common sense and realise that some people aren’t able to remove them.

I can’t be arsed with confrontation that’s why I took the route of emailing the manager. I’m sure when I used to go to Pure they threatened to cancel memberships of repeat offenders.

It was posterior chain tonight so I didn’t actually need the rack (only RDL required a barbell but I prefer the shorter barbell for them).
Just had the wee one in for his swimming lesson. Afterwards in the changing room an old man took off his towel walked over to the hairdryers, picked up 2 of them and proceeded to use them to dry his bollocks! I think I’m scarred for life!
Happens in David Lloyd Jesmond, in front of my kid too.

Back