Gym nuggets

Anyone encountered any absolute bellends in their gyms?

The other day, two absolute waterbags were loudly complaining about January gym goers. Fair enough, it's frustrating when a gym is packed but it's one of those things. They then went on to loudly chastise two older blokes who came in.

"Wheez these two divs just walked in like?!"

Only reason I bit my tongue was I couldn't be chewed with an argument and they were clearly fixing for a fight.

For me, the gym is a place for everyone. Nobody has the right to feel as if they own the place.
I think they wanted a knuckle sandwich mate I'd be happy to bring them their meal.

24 hour though isn't it? I work shifts and I finish late shift at 1 am so would have been useful.

Aye that's the positive. When I was purely cardio focused I'd go up at 11pm after work and have it virtually to myself
I think they wanted a knuckle sandwich mate I'd be happy to bring them their meal.

Was partially I couldn't be arsed with the chew and partially coz I didn't want to risk the gym booting me for the fracas. The older blokes didn't hear thankfully but it proper irked me.

May have been a shit house move not putting them in their place but meh

Thankfully my main gym has a low amount of bellend in this respect. Anyone with bad gym etiquette is usually self policed. My other gym I do some sessions at is full of bellends. People who aren't by any means new to the gym, but will come and take/put plates on the rack you're using mid set, or walk right in front of your face mid set of squats or deadlifts, despite there being no logical explanation. I usually just tell these people why they shouldn't do whatever they're doing if it's directly effecting my set/session), because I'd like to think it isn't intentional bellend behaviour.

Thankfully my main gym has a low amount of bellend in this respect. Anyone with bad gym etiquette is usually self policed. My other gym I do some sessions at is full of bellends. People who aren't by any means new to the gym, but will come and take/put plates on the rack you're using mid set, or walk right in front of your face mid set of squats or deadlifts, despite there being no logical explanation. I usually just tell these people why they shouldn't do whatever they're doing if it's directly effecting my set/session), because I'd like to think it isn't intentional bellend behaviour.

Do you still box at all?

Great way of keeping fit I reckon. I'd love to go back to it. Was always just training for me though. Never got good enough to compete.

Good for stress too. I do a boxing class on Friday nights and punch all the stress of the week away so I can have a chilled weekend :D

Same something similar on Thursday when running. A women who was a big lass was plodding along the sea front. A van went past and some bloke shouted " go on ya fat fuck".

Just no need for it. Some people are just arseholes.
One of my things is doing long course triathlon (look at me etc etc). Anyway, on a few occasions I’ve seen a proper fat bloke doing them - how he gets into his wetsuit is beyond me - and he always gets a really loud cheer from everyone, competitors and spectators alike. And that’s how it should be.

One of my things is doing long course triathlon (look at me etc etc). Anyway, on a few occasions I’ve seen a proper fat bloke doing them - how he gets into his wetsuit is beyond me - and he always gets a really loud cheer from everyone, competitors and spectators alike. And that’s how it should be.
Peter ball?

Back