Gym Equipment at home

Anyone got a good weight bench? I bought one years ago, it's a York Fitness bench but every time you want to change its position you have to turn it on its side and move a few keys, it makes a workout a pain in the arse when you just want to quickly move from one incline to another quickly.

Anyone got a good weight bench? I bought one years ago, it's a York Fitness bench but every time you want to change its position you have to turn it on its side and move a few keys, it makes a workout a pain in the arse when you just want to quickly move from one incline to another quickly.

Got a bench but it was free from a mate and will need upgrading soon.

The reebok deck ones look canny you can fold them up 100 quid tho

Last edited:

If you want a very good one that will last a lifetime, go with Watson. They'll run you 2-3x the cost of the cheaper ones, but they won't need to be replaced. Worth it if you only planning on training at home forever. But looks like you're going to head to a gym.

Powerhouse fitness do ok ones. Bought one from there during lockdown. 250 quid and did the job

If you want a very good one that will last a lifetime, go with Watson. They'll run you 2-3x the cost of the cheaper ones, but they won't need to be replaced. Worth it if you only planning on training at home forever. But looks like you're going to head to a gym.

Powerhouse fitness do ok ones. Bought one from there during lockdown. 250 quid and did the job

I've had a home gym for a while mate, I like the option of both. The gym isn't far from me and at £2 per pop it's a nice alternative. Thanks for the recommendation.

I've got a Concept2 Rowing machine and love it. I still go to the gym, but just for the weights, and do the cardio at home on my lunch break (also work from home).

That’s decent do you re-row against yours last time on the monitor ?
I do the 5K couple times a week and have knocked my time down too below 20 mins it’s a good work out💪
My best time is 20.50. Had a bit off a lay off over winter with having 2 young dogs but back into it since the play offs. Lost over a stone and down to 21.02 with a bit in the tank yet. Hard work. My aim is sub 20 minutes but being nearly 62 just as I get my fitness up the niggles start. It's crap getting old😅

Good effort that mate
I had my C2 15 years and used todo the online rowing races 😂 it was addictive started when I turned 40 to shift timber I lost couple of stone but totally changed my whole body to a slim muscular frame my beat rowing times for 2k - 6-45 mins 5k 18-45 , 10 k - 38
But still manage a sub 20 for 5 k 👍
They were good times can’t get near them now but workout is without the joint impact would recommend to anyone wanting to get fit lose weight
It is a hard brutal machine but you get results in around 6 weeks

I know what you're going to say "Just go for a run". Well, I would, but it's not always that simple.
New puppy, a 4 year old, working from home, Mrs K out by 6:30am for work - LIFE! It gets a bit complicated.

I had been to the gym earlier this year, ironically that's where I picked up Covid. Charming.

Anyway I'm thinking that it'll be easier to power away for 15 minutes (or more) when I (or Mrs K) can fit it in and still be on site as it were to manage potential issues!

I was looking at RingFit for the Switch rather than potentially getting some kind of exercise equipment but I'm not sure.
I'll have a go on almost anything at the gym, but if it's good for cardio and helps shift the timber I'm keen to hear suggestions. Mrs K doesn't like cross-trainers. I think it's an inner-ear thing, but other than that I think suggestions are welcome!

What do you have, if anything?

Just seen this thread. How did you get on? Sparked my interest as ive just set up my own gym in the garage for me and the mrs. Dont have confidence for gyms by myself.
Been building up equipment so bought a bench and dumbell bars with about 50kg of weights for £25 then got a ez bar and another 50kg for nowt from a mate. Then a straight bar with another 70kg from another mate with some more dumbells. Friends have been so helpful and loving it spending an hour in private.
Definitely new to the weights game but after a month im seeing a big difference whilst not changing my diet much.

Just seen this thread. How did you get on? Sparked my interest as ive just set up my own gym in the garage for me and the mrs. Dont have confidence for gyms by myself.
Been building up equipment so bought a bench and dumbell bars with about 50kg of weights for £25 then got a ez bar and another 50kg for nowt from a mate. Then a straight bar with another 70kg from another mate with some more dumbells. Friends have been so helpful and loving it spending an hour in private.
Definitely new to the weights game but after a month im seeing a big difference whilst not changing my diet much.

I need to change my diet etc. Get decent exercise with the dog these days but could probably do more which will help shift the timber.
I'd still like a treadmill or something, but I suspect Mrs K isn't keen on the idea.
I've never really thought about weights much but I suspect that would help too

I need to change my diet etc. Get decent exercise with the dog these days but could probably do more which will help shift the timber.
I'd still like a treadmill or something, but I suspect Mrs K isn't keen on the idea.
I've never really thought about weights much but I suspect that would help too

Should see it now mate. Got cross trainer, bike, nordictrack treadmill and all my weights, wall of mirrors with a 40" tv above with black foam flooring down. Mrs uses the treadmill every other day. Im in there 3 times a week and bairn uses bike every couple of weeks. Just wanting some cables putting in

Should see it now mate. Got cross trainer, bike, nordictrack treadmill and all my weights, wall of mirrors with a 40" tv above with black foam flooring down. Mrs uses the treadmill every other day. Im in there 3 times a week and bairn uses bike every couple of weeks. Just wanting some cables putting in

Since the turn of the year, I've lost 7kg. That's a little over a stone.
I'm properly pleased with myself

Since the turn of the year, I've lost 7kg. That's a little over a stone.
I'm properly pleased with myself

Thats proper good goin. Ive lost 2 but think ive put little bit of muscle on arms and shoulders. The impossible task of losing bad weight and trying to put on good weight

Thats proper good goin. Ive lost 2 but think ive put little bit of muscle on arms and shoulders. The impossible task of losing bad weight and trying to put on good weight

I've just got some weights as I want to shift chest fat, but yes if I end up putting muscle on, I'll have to balance that out.
At present I'd like to shift a little more and get to bang on or under 80kg

Back