Gym annoyances

I think the one that always stands out out to me is when you see a group of people around some weights or a machine watching someone else do the exercise/workout for two or three minutes until it is their turn.

Why can't they use another piece of equipment in that time?

If you go to the gym in a group of four or five people, you may only exercise/workout for around ten or fifteen minutes while you are in there.

I go to the gym with my brother, and we tend to share the same weight machine, taking it in turns to do 3 sets each.

I'm not a bit gym goer, is this generally frowned upon?

People who put random plates on the leg press.

Phones

The slow motion side to side shimmy that blokes tend to do when they’ve finished a set

Women who use the hip thrust pad for squats

People who put random plates on the leg press.

Phones

The slow motion side to side shimmy that blokes tend to do when they’ve finished a set

Women who use the hip thrust pad for squats

It's less about trying to get fit and more about trying to ensure people are looking at you. Attention seeking wankers.

I think in another few years I'll be a recluse. I'm so far detached from what many younger people think is reality.

Anyone else hate it when the gym is empty, you choose a locker out of the way, yet the next bloke choses to put his gear in the next locker then blocks yours off with his open locker door and also hogs the bench next to it. Feel like saying there's f***ing loads of lockers and benches free over there mate 🤣

Happens all the time at David Lloyd, I now realise it's because there's only about 10 lockers that work !

Its not exactly frowned upon.

Mine is really aimed at groups of 3/4/5 people.

Using a machine with your brother isn't going to cost you time if you take a break inbetween sets anyway.
It's when you get one lad on the juice and all his mates are around him waiting to copy what he is doing and all use the same machine at once and use about 3 machines in an hour and a half and the rest of the time stood talking.

Its not exactly frowned upon.

Mine is really aimed at groups of 3/4/5 people.

Using a machine with your brother isn't going to cost you time if you take a break inbetween sets anyway.

It's when you get one lad on the juice and all his mates are around him waiting to copy what he is doing and all use the same machine at once and use about 3 machines in an hour and a half and the rest of the time stood talking.

Ah right, aye, we don't do any of that like.

50 odd year old blokes with the iron man complex banging weights around with the " no time to lose " gym face on .
One in talking himself up a height big style on his dumbell presses today 😂...its a bloody council leisure centre not Golds Gym you dick, if you were as radged as you put out youd be massive so why aren't you ?

50 odd year old blokes with the iron man complex banging weights around with the " no time to lose " gym face on .
One in talking himself up a height big style on his dumbell presses today 😂...its a bloody council leisure centre not Golds Gym you dick, if you were as radged as you put out youd be massive so why aren't you ?
He might be in a rush because he cares for his elderly mother?

I think that it’s great that 50 year old lads still want to train.

Back