Gym annoyances

How do you know it’s for muscle building and not conditioning work?

2 completely different procedures. Conditioning is all about the reps rather than the size so downsizing is encouraged during later parts
Olympic Weightlifters most famously tend to totally forego the eccentric portion of their lifts, and drop their weights, in order to gain strength without gaining size.

And @Big Jeff can correct me if I’m wrong here, but I think it’s a pretty safe assumption that the kind of people we’re talking about here are meathead ego-lifters who have absolutely zero interest in ‘conditioning’ rather than the Chinese Olympic Weightlifting team.

Last edited:

Olympic Weightlifters most famously tend to totally forego the eccentric portion of their lifts, and drop their weights, in order to gain strength without gaining size.

And @Big Jeff can correct me if I’m wrong here, but I think it’s a pretty safe assumption that the kind of people we’re talking about here are meathead ego-lifters who have absolutely zero interest in ‘conditioning’ rather than the Chinese Olympic Weightlifting team.
Exactly mate. The type of knacker throwing weights around in the gym wants everyone to turn around and swoon at the great mass of weight he has been lifting.

The muscle they should be training is the one between their ears.

New annoyance. The pec deck machine.

Fuckin lovely bit of kit, the hammer strength one especially which is in my gym.
However, every time I go in it’s taken, and as soon as someone comes off it, some **** pounces on it.

Having to just cable rear flies now which does the same job effectively however I much prefer the pec deck for rear flies.

Some geezer on there today must have done no word of a lie, 8 sets. I was like wtf mate it’s utterly mental, ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

New annoyance. The pec deck machine.

Fuckin lovely bit of kit, the hammer strength one especially which is in my gym.
However, every time I go in it’s taken, and as soon as someone comes off it, some **** pounces on it.

Having to just cable rear flies now which does the same job effectively however I much prefer the pec deck for rear flies.

Some geezer on there today must have done no word of a lie, 8 sets. I was like wtf mate it’s utterly mental, ridiculous and totally unnecessary.
That would annoy me. Wtf was he doing??!

You can be done with literally one set and get a hell of a pump in the process from the pec dec if you actually do it properly:

Full stretch, pause, slowly bringing the handles back towards the centre position without touching them together to keep the tension on the chest, then slowly return back to the stretched position. Wash, rinse, repeat…

That would annoy me. Wtf was he doing??!

You can be done with literally one set and get a hell of a pump in the process from the pec dec if you actually do it properly:

Full stretch, pause, slowly bringing the handles back towards the centre position without touching them together to keep the tension on the chest, then slowly return back to the stretched position. Wash, rinse, repeat…
Just doing set after set. Haven’t a fuckin clue tbh, only noticed cos I’d done set of rear cable flies, face pulls, dumbbell shoulder press and shrugs and he was only just finishing.

I just laughed :lol:

Back