Would You Have Poyet Back?

What's he been up to wasn't he in Greece or something at some point. Still relatively youngish, dunno if he's done much since here tbh but could also be in the mould of mowbray type of appointment?.

I'm hearing:

Poyet- Head Coach
Roy Keane - Assistant
Peter Reid - Support Assistant

And Sam Allardyce joining as a Technical Director supporting Speaksy. Sbragia will be his PA.

That should appease most on here.
We'd have no transfer money left after paying wages to that lot.

What's he been up to wasn't he in Greece or something at some point. Still relatively youngish, dunno if he's done much since here tbh but could also be in the mould of mowbray type of appointment?.
Left the Greece national team job last month when they lost the Euro playoff to Georgia.

We’ve had that many managers past few years I always forget. Wasn’t Poyet very close to being appointed on of the last few times only for him to change his mind last minute?

He's got something about him to be sure, but he's one candidate that just might hit it off with KLD etc. Saying that, he's the opposite of a yes man, so God knows what could happen! Oh go on then, I'd give him another chance.

We did, you're right. Until the end, when it went horribly wrong.
I think the problem in Poyet's second season was a personnel one, and he wasn't really responsible for that (there's some parallels there with recent events).

We went from Ki to Rodwell
Colback to Gomez
Alonso to PVA
Bardo to Billy Jones
Borini to...........Alvarez? Buckley? Neeone?

Cattermole missed a fair chunk of the season, which coincided with our downturn in results after the turn of the year when things really started to sour. Whenever we had to field a midfield that involved more than one of Gomez, Bridcutt and Rodwell, we were friggin' hopeless. And we had to do that quite a few times.

For all it seemed like doom and gloom that season, we were only in the relegation spots 2 weeks of the season.

Last edited:

Back