Gus poyet

Would love Gus back tbh, that said I reckon we would be daft not to sound BSA out for one last blast. I know plenty on here don't like Big Sam but I'd bet my bollocks he would have us back in the PL in 3 full seasons. Only real downside is BSA must be mid 60's now so not that much time left in the game.

Just re-listened to the podcasts.

I've convinced myself he's coming back and I'm here for it.

What did he say?
Not even the slaying of the Mags at the hotch potch ?......what a performance that was

Thats the best I have seen us play in such a big game

Totally out played them, played great football, totally compsed too, I really thought we were going places

we did nearly win the cup like

The only time I have criticised Short really was that summer, Poyet wasn't backed, we lost key loan players n he got stuck with Congerton signings
Sorry if posted earlier but I was having a look at his personal site...... Interesting interview and also his separate comments about Uruguayan players which seems to mirror Sartori's previous comments.

You can't deny his passion.....he is the opposite of Parky. We need his stature and ethos. We need to believe that we are going to beat everyone in this league.

Interesting, thanks

Last edited:
He left Bordeaux IIRC as the board sold his striker above his head and they didnt have a replacment.. Not sure about the other clubs like!
AEK Athens = Signed an 8 month contract, sacked after 5.5 months
Betis = Signed a 2 year contract, sacked after 6 months
Shanghai = Resigned after 9.5 months
Not had a job since leaving Bordeaux over 2 years ago.

I think we all need to take off our rose tinted specs. Yes the run to the league cup final was amazing, as was the great escape, but the football was turgid for the most part and the gus bus has a knackered cylinder head gasket.

Not listed on odds checker now

Actually just dropped down the list instead of being listed first

Last edited:

I think we all need to take off our rose tinted specs. Yes the run to the league cup final was amazing, as was the great escape, but the football was turgid for the most part and the gus bus has a knackered cylinder head gasket.

Yet these same fans will call for his head in record time if we di t go up. His style of playing from back does not suit our players. We have to keep the ball away from our goalie at all times.

Why was he sacked at AEK? He seemed to be doing reasonably well there.

Betis is well documented. He did very well at Bordeaux.

I disagree, I don't think he plays good football. He plays a short passing game, which may sound more desirable than hoofball, but when most of the passing is sideways and backwards it's not very exciting. In fact if you were to look back at this board in Poyet's final days I bet the posts would be remarkably similar the the PP ones. It was boring, negative football designed to stifle the opposition with the hope that we could get lucky and find a goal.

Yeah but doing that against Chelsea and Tottenham is a bit different from doing that against Fleetwood Town.

Back