Gus has signed.....ED. - or maybe he hasn't?

Can see him putting faith in youth if he is going to continue with his philosophy of possession football . Midfield of embelton leadbitter neil with gooch and diamond as high pressing wing players would do for me .

fair point, but i think he’ll actually make the difference even with current squad. He’s spoken and said he’s learnt from the mistakes he made here etc. and is about the best we could do in league 1 imo. We don’t need that much improvement to get out of this league

The big thing for me is he’ll be coming in knowing exactly what he’ll be working with, owners & sporting director and is obviously happy he can do the job based on that

been v doubtful about this takeover stuff n I still don’t trust the current 3 owners thst they will be involvdd

this be a clear departure from that though as Donald would never appoint him

I always make a point of saying "I hope I'm wrong", but we were relieved when he was sacked and going back hardly ever works out well for anyone.

Other thing, if we're appointing a new manager today, that seems to imply the new owners didn't have Parky sacked ready to come in and take over.

whilst I'm happy with the news, I wonder who has made it. Has the present owner (spit) done it or is it by the new ones (hopefully) influencing from afar?

That's a good point to be fair. The football we played in early 2014 under Gus was the best I've seen from a Sunderland side. The loss of Alonso, Ki and Borini spelt the end for him and then Rodwell.

And Bardsley, he was desperate to Keep him

4 of the first names on the team sheet,

I always make a point of saying "I hope I'm wrong", but we were relieved when he was sacked and going back hardly ever works out well for anyone.

Other thing, if we're appointing a new manager today, that seems to imply the new owners didn't have Parky sacked ready to come in and take over.

do you think Donald and co are appointing Poyet? Or that he’d come here under the current ownership?

ha’way man.

Back