Guns N Roses UK Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

not yet mate. am planning to go though even though I don;'t like Thayer much and Paul has no voice left! :lol:
Thayer is reliable and can play the stuff note for note but Ace was the heart and soul and it`s just not the same. Eric Singer is streets ahead of Peter Criss though. Stanley`s voice is shot and the setlist needs a massive revamp but it`ll still be a great show.

Kiss have never split up, just put the makeup back on and reinstated 2 original members.

He played a pub in South Shields a couple of weeks ago as well. The Trimmers Arms.

did you go / enjoy it ?

Thayer is reliable and can play the stuff note for note but Ace was the heart and soul and it`s just not the same. Eric Singer is streets ahead of Peter Criss though. Stanley`s voice is shot and the setlist needs a massive revamp but it`ll still be a great show.

Yep - i saw them in 1980, on the reformation tour and on the sonic Boom tour. Think thats it for me now though. I doubt i will go see them again

Last edited:
more importantly - Dream Theater have announced tour dates for next April

25th anniversary Images & Words tour

more importantly - Dream Theater have announced tour dates for next April

25th anniversary Images & Words tour
No bloody Newcastle show though. They`ve only played up here once and that was strangely enough playing Images and Words in its entirety as a warm up to a Download appearance. I saw them on the I&W tour up in Edinburgh in 1992 I think it was. They were excellent.

Err, that's exactly what's gone on with Slash and Duff, minus the ridiculous makeup.

Err What about Adler and Izzy ? the classic line up is still incomplete ?
Err what about the the 25 years that have passed since Slash and Duff left in which GNR have done fuck all.
Compare that to what Gene and Paul did with Kiss while Ace and Peter were gone. (twice) Kiss MTV Unplugged brought about their reunion - a show that came about because they were having a huge ressurgence at the time ie before they brought back Ace , Peter and the makeup
GnRs whole career is thanks to one huge album ( mainly thanks to two great tracks ) and a shit load of hype and controversy.
Kiss have been working their arses off for 40 years and continue to do so today and even though they are no longer at their best they are still true pros and respect their fans. Lets see what Axl and Co deliver for their fans paying £145

Err What about Adler and Izzy ? the classic line up is still incomplete ?
Err what about the the 25 years that have passed since Slash and Duff left in which GNR have done fuck all.
Compare that to what Gene and Paul did with Kiss while Ace and Peter were gone. (twice) Kiss MTV Unplugged brought about their reunion - a show that came about because they were having a huge ressurgence at the time ie before they brought back Ace , Peter and the makeup
GnRs whole career is thanks to one huge album ( mainly thanks to two great tracks ) and a shit load of hype and controversy.
Kiss have been working their arses off for 40 years and continue to do so today and even though they are no longer at their best they are still true pros and respect their fans. Lets see what Axl and Co deliver for their fans paying £145
:lol: They're a set of clowns man. Absolute shite.

Just getting back to hotel after show tonight. Came on at 19:00 and left the stage at 22:40 after about 28 songs. I was expecting Axl to be ropey voice wise, but he was note perfect. They put on a phenomenal show, without using props and pyro, just singing playing and enjoying themselves. If the London leg is half as good then anyone going will be blown away. As GnR say, to all those opposed hmm well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back