Guitarists of the SMB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

They're more impractical than anything else. Canny for doing a bit 'Daft Punk.'

If you set the Phase 90 to about 9 o clock, you get the Van Halen tone. Last time I used it was with an Ibanez Airplane Flanger which sounded class.

As I said, I don't really bother all that much now, I used to be a right tone chaser, but will probably get rid of a few pedals at some point.

I always preferred to hear the guitar and would play quite dry. Bit OD for a boost and a bit delay/chorus off the amp when required. Owt else was peripheral.

I always preferred to hear the guitar and would play quite dry. Bit OD for a boost and a bit delay/chorus off the amp when required. Owt else was peripheral.
Yea, that's pretty much how I feel now. I'm playing an SG at the moment with P90's which sound class, so I tend to just whack the volume up on the guitar and roll the tone off in the style of earlyish Clapton.

At most I'll tend to use the Seymour Duncan overdrive set just past twelve o clock.

Why naw.Pretendy effects are just that,lot of work goes into pedals and the market is more niche and scattered than ever

I'll be the judge.I see Pounder is doing Glutten free burgers,thats one of the sins sorted

My sources tell me Young's is where you want to buying your meat/pork dips these days.

Fuckin' hell ya'd have to shift more than the pool table to fit that hower in wadn't ya?!

He's just clicked on about 3 or 4 of them and I'm struggling to hear the difference.
TBH i haven't listened to it,the bass guy i follow on FB etc and he's pretty much Mr Effects hence sharing the link.Over the top to me but he's a great fretless player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back