Guitarists of the SMB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a little box that makes fancy noises and even copy sounds of well known amps ,sort of for headphone or computer use or playing live with no amps .
If you forget about the amp simulator you can use the fancy noises with the real amp you have
Voilà

Those one box jobs are fine for most things
Ditto loopers are fun when you're messing around ,like having mates :lol:
Thanks

Seem to be very popular even with bass players though i struggle to see how half of them can be used in 90% of bass work.Save all the palava of setting up as they are placed and linked ready.One power going in etc
I've a Boss me70 all in one but i get to some gigs and see the floor space i have and leave it in the bag
:lol: Me mate's bass pedals just used to annoy the fuck out of me. So unnecessary.

I had a look at one of them a but back but the foam was (IIRC) precut for Boss pedals and I would have had to fanny on cutting it out from the pedals I had - so I bought a cheap case from Taobao and velcro'd them instead and it stays closed most of the time anyway as I already had a power supply.......The boss unit did look good mind but a bit pricey for a storage box.
I've only got the wah and looper that aren't Boss so that wouldn't concern me much. I quite like the idea of foam keeping stuff in place. I'm without power at the minute and me existing case is a bit worse for wear so this could be useful.

Digitech Whammy, Wah, Talk Box, Seymour Duncan Overdrive, MXR Phase 90, Digitech Dirty Robot, Hall of Fame Reverb...

To be fair, I've spent a fortune on pedals and the better I get, I hardly use any of them.
Would love a fanny about with one but could never justify buying one.

The Phase 90s are nice mind IIRC. Little orange pedal?

The Wammy would be a good laugh anarl but I can pull the RATM shifting off with the PS-5 I bought second hand. Nuts little pedal.

Last edited:
For guitar....

Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Polara reverb, Digitech Ventura Vibe. (But only use reverb really)

For Piano/keyboards.....

Digitech Obscura delay , TC Electronic Triple Delay, TC Electronic T2 reverb.

Used for both...TC Electronic X4 Ditto looper.

For guitar....

Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Polara reverb, Digitech Ventura Vibe. (But only use reverb really)

For Piano/keyboards.....

Digitech Obscura delay , TC Electronic Triple Delay, TC Electronic T2 reverb.

Used for both...TC Electronic X4 Ditto looper.
Dy'a use a board though?

Had loads over the years. Should probably get around to selling some of them tbf.

Boss Tremelo, Blues Driver, Chorus Ensemble, Chromatic Tuner, Flanger.

EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Holy Grail, Cathedral, Little Big Muff. MXR Carbon Copy.

Got a cheap flight case sort of thing from gear4music for about 30 quid. The Hook & Loop which came with it was a bit shit so just cut a piece of ply to fit and covered it with heavy duty Velcro.

:lol: Me mate's bass pedals just used to annoy the fuck out of me. So unnecessary.

Use 3 different effects once in a whole set and its to fill holes in a one guitar player set up.Works quite well but i manage without if need be
I like Dave's approach(guitar fm) vintage Les Pauls through top quality amps(Diezel,Soldano,Marshal. No frills

People still use pedals? I thought it was all laptops and modelling these days.
There'll always be pedals when your hands are busy

There'll always be pedals when your hands are busy
Exactly.

Use 3 different effects once in a whole set and its to fill holes in a one guitar player set up.Works quite well but i manage without if need be
I like Dave's approach(guitar fm) vintage Les Pauls through top quality amps(Diezel,Soldano,Marshal. No frills

He used to play Jacksons when we first started watching them. Always had good gear like - very expensive looking amps. Not a great fan of his sound mind.

To be fair to me mate's effects - the overdrive one was for the big bass solo in No One Knows and a couple of other things to fill it out. And he had a multi fx thing he didn't have a clue what to do with but would mess about with the wah pedal on it for NIB.

Exactly.

He used to play Jacksons when we first started watching them. Always had good gear like - very expensive looking amps. Not a great fan of his sound mind.

To be fair to me mate's effects - the overdrive one was for the big bass solo in No One Knows and a couple of other things to fill it out. And he had a multi fx thing he didn't have a clue what to do with but would mess about with the wah pedal on it for NIB.
Still appear occasionally ,i think he's a bit stuck in his ways,the Pa Rig they have now is outstanding
Love bass overdrive but its so hard to get right,sounds great quiet but at gig level the Bottom end just disappears.Prefer to use my hands to change the tone and volume and a bit boost

Ooof, I'm on the bass.

You think he is shit? He's not that bad. He is like Neil Peart compared to some of the shit houses I 'auditioned' for.
:lol: Naa not really. I just took a stab in the dark at you being one of the two, as I knew ya weren't the singer or guitarist from your comments here. For some reason I thought you might have been a drummer from some past posts - obviously not.

Still appear occasionally ,i think he's a bit stuck in his ways,the Pa Rig they have now is outstanding
Love bass overdrive but its so hard to get right,sounds great quiet but at gig level the Bottom end just disappears.Prefer to use my hands to change the tone and volume and a bit boost
I think we got away with it most times like - the bit in No One Knows everyone else drops out anyway so ya need that big sound there. It was just dependent on his fingers whether or not it came out right. :lol:

I'll have to go see FM again like - been a few years. First pub band we saw. Is he still doing his "This one's for Tony Blair/Gordon Brown/George Bush/....Donald Trump, 'cos he's a lyan Bastad!!!" before Gimme Shelter? :lol:

Didn't realise LZ/DC was them!

Last edited:
I think we got away with it most times like - the bit in No One Knows everyone else drops out anyway so ya need that big sound there. It was just dependent on his fingers whether or not it came out right. :lol:

I'll have to go see FM again like - been a few years. First pub band we saw. Is he still doing his "This one's for Tony Blair/Gordon Brown/George Bush/....Donald Trump, 'cos he's a lyan Bastad!!!" before Gimme Shelter? :lol:
:lol: The patters the same ,the songs have changed a bit.Uses that line on Wont get fooled again these days.Wait til i'm depping because its much better ;)
I'm fingers but the plec comes out for QOSTA Solo

I've only got the wah and looper that aren't Boss so that wouldn't concern me much. I quite like the idea of foam keeping stuff in place. I'm without power at the minute and me existing case is a bit worse for wear so this could be useful.

Would love a fanny about with one but could never justify buying one.

The Phase 90s are nice mind IIRC. Little orange pedal?

The Wammy would be a good laugh anarl but I can pull the RATM shifting off with the PS-5 I bought second hand. Nuts little pedal.
They're more impractical than anything else. Canny for doing a bit 'Daft Punk.'

If you set the Phase 90 to about 9 o clock, you get the Van Halen tone. Last time I used it was with an Ibanez Airplane Flanger which sounded class.

As I said, I don't really bother all that much now, I used to be a right tone chaser, but will probably get rid of a few pedals at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back