Guitar Amp.

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37772

I’m after one. Budget is around £150ish give or take £50. It won’t ever leave the house. Been looking at Blackstar,Line 6 Spider V and a Roland Cube so far. Am I on the right track?

Give the Boss Katana a once over, it's on a different level to the modelling amps like the Line 6, perfect for practising, but also good enough to gig with.

Actually looked at that the other day. Think the lack of shiny buttons and effects put me off but I literally know jack shit about amps. I used to have a Line 6 bass amp which was shite. Then I heard my mates newish Line 6 guitar amp and it sounded decent.

I had one for years mate and wish I'd never gotten rid. Got some good pre amp effects and can sound like an old valve amp. My old 60s valve amp is very temperamental and I reckon I could have gigged with this back in the day due to its 4x12 (I think) cabinet line-out facility.

Is it for acoustic if so..marshall AS50D they turn up on YouTube and eBay around your price range.

Meant gumtree not YouTube.

Last edited:
Actually looked at that the other day. Think the lack of shiny buttons and effects put me off but I literally know jack shit about amps. I used to have a Line 6 bass amp which was shite. Then I heard my mates newish Line 6 guitar amp and it sounded decent.
Lass at works selling some gear belonging to her ex ( Sunderland punk legend )
There's a house combo in it as well as big stage stuff
I'll ask and reply

I’m after one. Budget is around £150ish give or take £50. It won’t ever leave the house. Been looking at Blackstar,Line 6 Spider V and a Roland Cube so far. Am I on the right track?

I recommend you take your guitar and any effects you usually use to a big music shop and try out all the most popular amps in your price range.

Pity that it won't leave the house and it might be a tad too big just for playing in the house only but there's a Blackstar ID 260 TVP for sale on Gumtreee (Newcastle) £200. They are beautiful and that's less than half price of buying one new. Honestly - a mate owns one and they have such a smooth sound distorted or clean. Just lovely.

Give the Boss Katana a once over, it's on a different level to the modelling amps like the Line 6, perfect for practising, but also good enough to gig with.
That’s what I’ve got, the 50amp version. It’s spot on, and the Fx onboard are more than enough, and have the bonus of having Boss’s expertise with pedals behind them.

Thanks a lot so far. Will get myself into the toon and see what’s kicking about.

Thinking of gettng an Nux GP-1 just for messing around at home so I can listen to my playing on headphones.

Anyone used this or something similar?

Back