Guess the team for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gidman is a canny turn. I'd expect us to sign 2 players from the Jennings/Coughlin wage. Would like to see Ben Raine tempted to come back and as I've said previously, Graham Clark to get in the ear of his brother. Possibly a Kolpak number 8 to sign too although it pains me to say it.
No I'd prefer to avoid the Kolpak route but FTECB have forced us down that route. They who's sole purpose is to try to develop Cricketers for England.

Averages 36 with bat and 23 with ball. Canny.

Aye, saw that earlier. It's more than canny, it's f***ing brilliant! In fact, all-rounders with far inferior records to that have had lengthy international careers!

Mind, point of note, majority of games for those stats will be in Division Two I imagine.......

No I'd prefer to avoid the Kolpak route but FTECB have forced us down that route. They who's sole purpose is to try to develop Cricketers for England.

Another excellent post Parky, they're a f***ing joke pal.

I wonder how close Trevaskis, Harte are to making their debuts. I thought Harding did quite well for a first time out.

Jacques du Toit? Think of the chants we could make up! Seriously though, there are proper opportunities for local cricketers to perform in the NEPL next year and get a DCCC contract. I wouldn't be averse to picking 1 or 2 who do well and get a game. Much like back in the day when amateur cricketers would turn out for their counties as and when.

New Zealand don't have any international cricket in the summer of 2018 until a ODI tour of Zimbabwe in August so all being well, Latham should play 90% of the season for DCCC.

Last edited:
Aye, saw that earlier. It's more than canny, it's f***ing brilliant! In fact, all-rounders with far inferior records to that have had lengthy international careers!

Mind, point of note, majority of games for those stats will be in Division Two I imagine.......

errmm... has nobody told brandon which division we're playing in?

I would happily have Gidman back like he scored boat loads of runs and took a lot of wickets when he moved to Gloucs. He then moved to Notts and failed to ever really break into the first team. At Kent last year he was averaging 120 odd from 5 games. He hasnt had a great season this year but i would happily take him like.

I'd suggest you've missed the point, but have a feeling you're just winding me up.......

Perhaps I've missed thr point then, I dont see the issue with him racking up runs and wickets in div 2 when that's exactly where we are

you think hickey is better than pringle? think pringle's batting is better hickey will be an option as a top order bat for me.

mccarthy i thought of including until i remembered potts [sorry bob] but also i don't know what his international contract is going to mean for how much he can play. which gidman, will? an option i guess but i really rate carse, asssuming he can stay fit and get back to where he was
Will be interesting to see if Durham are 'loyal' to Adam in his last year of contract.......

Have you any knowledge what is happening to Hickey or is he in limbo? You make a fanatastic point!

given he doesn't seem to have got that close to the team he may well move on for more opportunities, given he very nearly has done every contract so far. although he is probably the most likely to come into the team as a top order bat which we will need if jennings leaves and probably whether he does or not

Perhaps I've missed thr point then, I dont see the issue with him racking up runs and wickets in div 2 when that's exactly where we are

Indeed, nor do I.

It was an observation made in relation to my earlier point about his all-round average being so bloody good, that many players play international cricket with inferior records. Simply to alert readers, that his record may not be so good if he played all of his cricket in Division One.

To clarify further. His record is mint, but he has played most of his games in Division Two - just incase any bent England selectors are on the board today.

given he doesn't seem to have got that close to the team he may well move on for more opportunities, given he very nearly has done every contract so far. although he is probably the most likely to come into the team as a top order bat which we will need if jennings leaves and probably whether he does or not
Apart from the fact that he had just broken into the first team for the T20 when he got injured. With Pringle not exactly pulling up any trees then some good performances by Hickey may well have seen him get a run in the final championship matches.
Also he was deemed good enough to open the batting and be a bowler in the middle overs would suggest he was quite an integral part of our T20 plans.

Apart from the fact that he had just broken into the first team for the T20 when he got injured. With Pringle not exactly pulling up any trees then some good performances by Hickey may well have seen him get a run in the final championship matches.
Also he was deemed good enough to open the batting and be a bowler in the middle overs would suggest he was quite an integral part of our T20 plans.

i'm still used to us using the t20s to mess about and experiment, you may well be right.

surprised we've not seen more of him over the length of his current contract hence why i'm sceptical. iirc he has still only made 1 FC appearace? and he did really well in that, the win at southport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back